PDA

View Full Version : Grip pods

River Jack
05-29-2008, 5:28 PM
I think I want to get a grip pod for my Spike's AR-22 to be ultra tacticool for a change. I've noticed a huge difference in price on these ($20-$150). I know that some are made out of plastic or polymers and intended for airsoft use while the real expensive ones are metal, but was wondering if there was as much of a quality difference between the different ones available. I'm leaning plastic/polymer, and as cheap as possible without getting a complete POS. They all pretty much look the same. Anyone have any experience with these?

trinydex
05-29-2008, 5:36 PM
grip pod makes an all poly version that has recently been blown out by some retailers like botach for as low as 70 bucks.

the aluminum ones are more expensive.

i think the all poly ones are more common.

i have a an all poly one. it's nice, solid.

here's some talk

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=96602&highlight=grip+pod&page=2

LAK Supply
05-29-2008, 6:12 PM
$20 sounds like a cheap Chinese knock-off.

River Jack
05-29-2008, 7:21 PM
Thanks for the replies! Exactly the kind of info I needed. Out.

wildcard
05-29-2008, 7:25 PM
I just got one.. those things are build VERY solid considering it's plastic.

RobG
05-29-2008, 7:38 PM
I just put one on my OLL and really like it. It is the real deal, not a knock off and I paid 100, although I see them now for 70 or so. I like the fact that it is thicker than the KAC grip I had, is a sturdy bipod/forward grip, is less complicated than my previous Harris/YHM bipod adapter combo, and lighter as well. I had some friends shoot it and they really liked it as well.

paladin4415
05-29-2008, 8:10 PM
Stay away from the $20.00 ChiCom units. The mounting bolts seem to like to break a lot. Get a real one made by Grip Pod Systems. Their polymer model has metal reinforced legs and a quality mounting system. Both of their models are current US military issue. Prices are coming down on the polymer model.

X-NewYawker
05-29-2008, 9:09 PM
Just checking -- but aren't these a No-No in California on Semis?

SuperSet
05-29-2008, 9:18 PM
Just checking -- but aren't these a No-No in California on Semis?

Correct, but only on featureless builds. If you're running BB or Prince 50, you're good to go.

River Jack
05-30-2008, 9:20 AM
And if you are putting one on a rimfire, as I am, you are good to go.