PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Carbine Original Bayonet

krwada
01-31-2015, 2:15 PM
Hello;
I am looking for the collective wisdom and knowledge of the C&R community here at Calguns.

The question I have is in regards to the price and availability of the original bayonet for the Enfield MK-5 Jungle carbine.

I have been scouring the Internets and I am seeing prices in the $300 to $350 range. Is this typical?

Plus, I am seeing that the original bayonets for this carbine is not so easy to find.

Thanks;
Ken

highpower
01-31-2015, 2:37 PM
Hello;
I have been scouring the Internets and I am seeing prices in the $300 to $350 range. Is this typical?

Plus, I am seeing that the original bayonets for this carbine is not so easy to find.

Thanks;
Ken

You answered your own question.

Caribouriver
01-31-2015, 3:18 PM
The repros aren't too bad. Just very new.

Sampachi
01-31-2015, 4:41 PM
Yup, even back when I got my No. 5 for $125, original bayonets were worth more than the rifle!

Enfield47
01-31-2015, 8:14 PM
Unless you are dead set on an original, the reproductions look quite nice and are considerably less money. Numrich has a reproduction bayonet with scabbard for $65.

Eddie1965
01-31-2015, 8:59 PM
So far this is the only repro bayonet I have purchased for any of my rifles. It costs more than I paid for the rifle.

knucklehead0202
01-31-2015, 9:10 PM
This and the folding carcano bayonet are examples of bayonets that will cost you as much, or more than the rifle. Get used to it. I'm not a bayonet person unless the rifle doesn't look right without it, i.e. carcano cavalry carbine, sks, type44 jap, vz52, etc. I collect enough crap and I have a pile of various gun parts awaiting install on projects, or just awaiting future projects. I don't need to collect ANYTHING more than I already do. Besides, you can take your gun out and shoot it, but unless you're an even bigger weirdo than the rest of us, it's hard to find a place to "use" your bayonet. Kinda like collecting beanie babies if you ask me, and way more expensive.

emcon5
01-31-2015, 10:32 PM
So far this is the only repro bayonet I have purchased for any of my rifles. It costs more than I paid for the rifle.

Same here. Just be thankful you aren't looking for one for a m41 Johnson.....:eek:

Divernhunter
02-01-2015, 8:32 AM
Mine was not cheap or easy to find when I wanted one also.

krwada
02-01-2015, 8:49 AM
Thanks to all of you for the comments.

I am thinking that it may not be worth it for me to find an original bayonet for the no5. carbine. After all, it does not have a matching bolt and receiver. Maybe, if everything was matching, and if the rifle were in pristine condition ... but then, that would make the rifle more of a collectors item and not a shooter / collector's item.

I am more of a shooter than a collector. However, I do like owning a piece of history ... especially at the lower prices that usually are part of the hallmark of C&R collecting.

knucklehead0202
02-01-2015, 8:19 PM
My jungle carbine is a mismatch too so I don't worry about all the accoutrements. Just money to spend and not use for anything. I can buy powder and stuff with that money, lol.