PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my new Feather Industries RAV-22!

a1fabweld
05-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Hey all! I just ordered mt new Feather RAV-22 today! I had one when I was a kid & loved it, but like a dumbazz, I sold it. Now with the price of ammo, I was looking for something with the "black evil" factor in .22. I read mixed reviews about the GSG-5, & my local gun shop here has them but can't sell them with the supplied 20+ rd mag. You get the GSG with no mag for now until they mass produce 10 rd'ers. When the 10 rd mags are readily available for them, I may consider getting one. For those who don't know about the Feather RAV-22, check out www.featherindustries.com & look at the RAV-22. They come in various forms with various accessories & are CA legal with the supplied 8 rd mag. I ordered mine with a scope rail installed, breakdown carry case, & 2 mags for $399. Turnaround time is 2 weeks to ship. Best part about the RAV-22 is it weighs 3 lbs, & breaks down by unscrewing the barrel nut (by hand) & sliding the stock off. There are 20 round mags available for it for out of state buyers. They also offer bull barrels, shrouds, various finishes like camo or nickel & all sorts of other cool upgrades. Thanks!

fireluvrandrew@gmail.com
05-29-2008, 12:27 PM
bad link

bubbaskyjacker
05-29-2008, 12:40 PM
http://www.featherusa.com/

ghost
05-29-2008, 12:42 PM
why dont you ask your gun shop to mod the mags to 10 rounds?the local shop mods them out here for additional $$$.

a1fabweld
05-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Sorry for the bad link! My local dealer says it's too much liability & absolutely will not modify the (boxes of mags that they must have by now) mag to make them CA legal. I asked them If they would allow me to mod a mag VERY permanently in their sight & they won't have it. No GSG for me! I figure I could buy a single shot .22 much cheaper than a single shot GSG. I'm lookin forward to the Feather though!

mltrading
05-29-2008, 2:20 PM
Congratulations!!! It's a fun toy, indeed.

gtmmark
05-29-2008, 7:00 PM
I've owned the predecessor to the RAV a AT-22 going on 20 years now it is the best .22 I've ever owned. I have at least 100k rounds through mine having only replaced the recoil and striker springs recently. It's definitely a fun little rifle.

Butthead
05-29-2008, 7:58 PM
Here's a pic of mine. Fun gun, pretty accurate. Comes apart and fits in a nice soft case about the size of a laptop. http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/jlars00/293.jpg

AJAX22
05-29-2008, 8:05 PM
Funny, that mag looks just like an AR7

a1fabweld
05-29-2008, 8:13 PM
Thanks fellas for the encouraging words! I too owned an AT-22 about 18 years ago but I sold it for a reason that was probably not very important. It was awesome & I can't recall any problems with it at all. I hope the new gen RAV-22 is as great as the old ones were. Cant wait to get it though! Butthead, what scope do you have on there & is that a standard barrel under the shroud or a bull?

Butthead
05-29-2008, 8:56 PM
Thats the way I got it from feather. Standard barrel, came with shroud, laser, flashlight, scope(USA - Deerhunter), case. I am not real impressed with the quality however, guns jams frequently, sent it back and all they did was give me new mags, which helped, a little. Top rail has lost a screw. It is a fun gun to shoot though and is pretty accurate. It looks like my Windrunner's little brother and the takedown feature is really nice, fits in a very little discrete case.

mapleleafup
05-29-2008, 8:58 PM
i want to get one in 9mm how much differs law wise when buying one for california?

Butthead
05-29-2008, 9:28 PM
No 9's in Cali. :mad: Thats the one I wanted as well.

mapleleafup
05-29-2008, 10:52 PM
thats lame:(

huck
05-30-2008, 8:56 AM
Thanks fellas for the encouraging words! I too owned an AT-22 about 18 years ago but I sold it for a reason that was probably not very important. It was awesome & I can't recall any problems with it at all. I hope the new gen RAV-22 is as great as the old ones were. Cant wait to get it though! Butthead, what scope do you have on there & is that a standard barrel under the shroud or a bull?

Make sure you give us a good out-of-the-box / field report. I'm very interested in picking one up, too.

jester
05-30-2008, 12:16 PM
I have a AT22 also. I like it but its not super accurate.
I did have the foresight to buy 1/2 doz. 20 round mags just before the ban for it though.
I bought mine at the Pomona Fun show for $230

a1fabweld
05-30-2008, 9:07 PM
I'll keep y'all posted with a range report. About 2 weeks until it arrives & 10 more days after that. Can't wait! I hope it's as cool as my old AT-22.

Charliegone
05-30-2008, 9:53 PM
Funny, that mag looks just like an AR7

Actually with some modifications you can get an ar7 mag to work in the Feather. There are only a few things to change. First you need to widen the upper feeding rims a bit. On the feather they are a bit wider. Second you will need to cut a slot into the mag to hold it in place. This cut has to be VERY accurate or it won't sit right. Ask me how I know?:cool2: It will feed fine, but it might take time to get it "used to."

AJAX22
05-30-2008, 10:31 PM
I wonder if you can get a feather mag to work in an AR7?

It might be a way around the pesky issues that ar7's are known for..

mr2.0
05-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Butthead, by any chance you have a side shot pics of the rifle? The pics of their web was too small and blurry? I'm thinking getting the one with the heavy barrel. Tam