PDA

View Full Version : Sig P5 pistols in SS, OD, FDE and Matte (pics) $399.95

HendersonDefense
05-28-2008, 3:53 PM
Sorry for the necropost but I can't edit the post top remove the finishes that we can't offer at this time.

Sig Sauer P6's ARE BACK IN STOCK

Sig Sauer P225 Compact Pistol $389.95

These are SIG P6 9mm compact pistols (P225) from German military and police inventories with the Sig decocker. These pistols are furnished with black plastic grips, in a blue Sig Sauer box with a black or brown leather holster, shoulder harness and spare magazine pouch for attaching to belt. These pistols have been certified by the California Department of Justice and are California legal.

Condition:
These are pistols are in excellent mechanical condition but do show signs of holster wear. The internals really are in excellent condition and have bright bores. The plastic grips are in very good condition

http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/category.sc?categoryId=15 (http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?categoryId=15&productId=156)

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/237/blacksiggz7.jpg

Henderson Defense Industries, LLC
145 Gibson Road, Suite E
Henderson, NV 89014
Phone: 702.566.1000 Fax: 702.262.9392

What Just Happened?
05-28-2008, 5:35 PM
Pics of holster?

HendersonDefense
05-28-2008, 5:39 PM
Pics of holster?

I can post those for you tomorrow in the morning... sorry :(

Henderson Defense

Saigon1965
05-28-2008, 6:46 PM
They look good.

HavaJava
05-28-2008, 6:47 PM
PM sent.

Overkill
05-29-2008, 7:08 AM
HD, please note that because of Cali's gun laws, only the all black version is approved. Finish differences from those pistols on the approved list prohibit the other versions from coming here.

HendersonDefense
05-29-2008, 11:41 AM
HD, please note that because of Cali's gun laws, only the all black version is approved. Finish differences from those pistols on the approved list prohibit the other versions from coming here.

Thank you for making aware of the rules regarding the finish.

So.... only the matte black pistols are availabe for folks :(

Henderson Defense Industries

Overkill
05-29-2008, 12:26 PM
By the letter of the law, yes. I do know, however, that some CA FFLs might be willing to receive a two-tone pistol, as in its original condition it was of the form on the approved list.

Apparently, even a guns finish can render it "unsafe":(

tonelar
05-29-2008, 5:45 PM

Actually, Overkill, the P6 does NOT show a specified color on the DOJ approved list.

Other Sig models list their finish /materials as "(Blued) or (Two-Tone) or (Stainless Steel)" An example would be the 225, which is listed as "P225 (Blued)/ Steel, Alloy/ Pistol/ 3.9"/ 9mm".

The P6 is listed this way;
"P6 (CAI or PW Arms)/ Steel, Alloy/ Pistol/ 3.9"/ 9mm"

So, unless HDs pistols are actually nickel plated or Stainless Steel construction... They're on the list of approved firearms.
Henderson? Are your P6 frames or slides actually stainless?

pTa
05-30-2008, 7:10 PM
Thoese are real prettie. I like the Green and Black ones. You're calling them P5s in your title, HEndersonDEfensE.
If I had a Glock, I'd save up for thees also.

586L-Frame
05-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Actually, Overkill, the P6 does NOT show a specified color on the DOJ approved list.

Other Sig models list their finish /materials as "(Blued) or (Two-Tone) or (Stainless Steel)" An example would be the 225, which is listed as "P225 (Blued)/ Steel, Alloy/ Pistol/ 3.9"/ 9mm".

The P6 is listed this way;

So, unless HDs pistols are actually nickel plated or Stainless Steel construction... They're on the list of approved firearms.
Henderson? Are your P6 frames or slides actually stainless?

I'm getting confused on what finishes are legal in California.
Is DOJ saying the original finish on the
is legal, but a Tutone painted or a CCR refinish Tutone or Silver
is not approved in California?

Is a solid black finish on the P6 slide and frame approved?

586L-Frame

tonelar
05-31-2008, 12:50 PM
STill haven't heard back from Henderson regarding their use of the term stainless steel. Prolly just stainless steel colored, since the price is still really reasonable.

The DOJ listing doesn't specify a color for these. With the Drop Test Listed pistols the theory was that plated, blued, stainless, plastic, polymer, and aluminum all have different densities (ie surface harness, weights) so could fare differently when submitted to the drop test.
WE all know they did it more to make things too costly for the mfgs (ie a de facto Ban).
A ccr type, nitron, powder or pretty much any finish doesn't affect the structural characteristics of the material it's coating. So IMHO Hendersons pistols would test the same regardless of color.

So, find a color blind FFL if you're paranoid. Or one with the presence of mind to enter steel/alloy in the appropriate box on the DROS form.

allenst65
05-31-2008, 1:31 PM

You may want to review the actual law as these finish differences should be legal.

"12131.5. (a) A firearm shall be deemed to satisfy the requirements of subdivision (a) of Section 12131 if another firearm made by the same manufacturer is already listed and the unlisted firearm differs from the listed firearm only in one or more of the following features:
(1) Finish, including, but not limited to, bluing, chrome-plating, oiling, or engraving.
(2) The material from which the grips are made.
(3) The shape or texture of the grips, so long as the difference in grip shape or texture does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm.
(4) Any other purely cosmetic feature that does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm."

So even nickel or hardchrome on and original P6 should be good to go.

The only problem I can envision is if the import markings (CAI or PW) have been removed as part of the refinishing process as these are specifically called out on the approved list.

P6 (C.A.I.) / Steel, Alloy Pistol 3.9" 9mm 4/10/2009
P6 (P.W. Arms) / Steel, Alloy Pistol 3.9" 9mm 2/20/2009

fairfaxjim
05-31-2008, 4:49 PM

Actually, both of the P6 roster listings contain no color reference, only importer and material. Color references in the roster occur when the MANUFACTURER offers a model that contains the color or color description (i.e. two tone) as PART OF THE MODEL NUMBER. Since that creates a different model, it must be listed separately by that model name. They are allowed to test one model, and then add identical models that may differ by:
(1) Finish, including, but not limited to, bluing, chrome-plating, oiling, or engraving.
(2) The material from which the grips are made.
(3) The shape or texture of the grips, so long as the difference in grip shape or texture does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm.
(4) Any other purely cosmetic feature that does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm."by a certificcation process without retesting.

Basically, a P226 Two-Tone is always and forever a P226 Two-Tone model no matter what color it may have been changed to. Changing the color does not change the original model of the firearm. In my opinion, it is perfectly legal for a dealer to sell a P6 in any color, as it is still a P6, made out of "steel and alloy."

I do find the inclusion of the material confusing, as the underlying PC 12131 only specifies that the roster contain the manufacturer, model number, and model name. I have not been able to find anything in the clarifying regulations that specify otherwise. (If anyone knows of any, please PM me.) It would seem that the roster exceeds the PC requirements in including the color (such as "BLUED" when it is NOT actually part of the manufacturer's model), the mateiral, AND even the caliber. None of these is specified in the PC that requires the roster to be published. If all of these items must be matched to make a firearm transferrable by an FFL, then a Sig P226 with a folded steel slide does not fit any of the listed P226 models and is only able to be sold PPT?:confused:

tonelar
05-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Good point... the plain steel and alloy 226 isn't on there anymore.

HendersonDefense
06-02-2008, 5:34 PM
OK... so I guess the P6 (P225) pistols are available in the different color schemes again... I think :hurray:

IceMan711
06-02-2008, 10:41 PM
HDI, we appreciate you guys playing the California legal game with us. I hope it has been worth your while.

duenor
06-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Hm. So does this mean that I might be able to bring Walther P1s from an importer not on the list (PW or CAI)? I'll contact DOJ to find out.

fairfaxjim
06-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Hm. So does this mean that I might be able to bring Walther P1s from an importer not on the list (PW or CAI)? I'll contact DOJ to find out.

I think those two importers are only good for the P6's. You probably have to find a DOJ staffer who wants to buy a Walther P1 from the same importer as yours and get them to add it to the list. I still am not sure how that happend for the P6's, as according to PC 12131.5, only the manufacturer is allowed to certify that a firearm is identical to one already tesed & listed, except for the allowed exceptions. According to the PC, Sig should have been the one to request listing of the P6 as identical to the P225. Importers are allowed to submit a firearm for lab testing, but are not mentioned in the certification as identical section. It is somewhat unclear (to me) whether or not someone other than the original submitter may pay to retain a firearm on the roster when it is due to expire.

tonelar
06-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Is there a spot on the DROS for listing importer? Does it just ask for mfg and model?

Does CAI = Century?

HendersonDefense
06-05-2008, 7:35 AM
Is there a spot on the DROS for listing importer? Does it just ask for mfg and model?

Does CAI = Century?

Yes... Century Arms International

:)

HendersonDefense
03-16-2009, 4:25 PM
Hi Folks,

Hate to bring up an old thread but we just received a small quantity of the Sig P6 pistols. I know these are California-approved and want to offer them here first. The price is $389.95.

http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?categoryId=15&productId=156

akira
03-16-2009, 4:41 PM
is the price, 289? or 389?
confused... thanks

jrau13
03-16-2009, 7:04 PM
Looks like $389 according to the site.

hoffman259
03-16-2009, 9:10 PM
looks like he might have had a typo. But if it is 289 I will take one for sure.

tonelar
03-17-2009, 9:23 AM
I wanted the re-finished ones.
Did Overkill retract his statement (FUD)?
Henderson? So it's $289.95, $389.95 or $399.95?