PDA

View Full Version : proud owner of a new ruger 10/22

gir007
05-27-2008, 10:58 PM
I already have a carbine ruger 10/22 but now i have a target model! I decided that it needed a friend plus i want to be able to go shooting more than once a year..lol, i put a simmons 3-9 adjustable scope and a harris ultralight bipod. i like the tool marks of the hammer fordged barrel :D

anyways heres a piccy!

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3711/target22sr8.th.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=target22sr8.jpg)

Linh
05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Very nice, is the carbine jealous?

SFFRONTMAN
05-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Nice, I have the same stock on my bull barreled build.

USN CHIEF
05-28-2008, 8:24 AM
Congrats on your new rifle. Where in SD are you taking her for her first shoot?

Gator Monroe
05-28-2008, 8:27 AM
The Ruger Bug will prompt you to get a early 50'S bull barrel MK1 and a International 10/22 Carbine next ?

gir007
05-28-2008, 9:09 AM
I shall be taking her to blm land in campo called shawkee truck trail. unfortunatly a bit of a drive but worth it. Yes my carbine is very very jealous!
It demanded that I put her down and hold it. and when I didnt it promised mass fte and ftf for me. so now ill have to spank it! im actualy going to use this one for wabbit hunting this summer. bugs bunny should be very very afraid! anyone else in sd are hunt?

gcvt
05-28-2008, 9:12 AM
Great looking rifle. Congrats!

cobra198
05-28-2008, 4:06 PM
Very nice lookin rifle! I like it alot. Have fun!

Linh
05-28-2008, 4:23 PM
I shall be taking her to blm land in campo called shawkee truck trail. unfortunatly a bit of a drive but worth it. Yes my carbine is very very jealous!
It demanded that I put her down and hold it. and when I didnt it promised mass fte and ftf for me. so now ill have to spank it! im actualy going to use this one for wabbit hunting this summer. bugs bunny should be very very afraid! anyone else in sd are hunt?

Where is the closest place to San Diego that you can hunt? I would love to hunt boars and black bears when I get my 6.8. Would love to hunt a grizzly though that's a long way off.

scfast
05-28-2008, 7:37 PM
Nice shooter i pick mine up in 8 days...the rats on my friends raspberry farm won't like the ruger and my savage 17hmr i pick up tomorrow

RedDawn
05-28-2008, 8:58 PM
Nice rifle.
I may have to go and get a target model myself now.:D

pullnshoot25
05-28-2008, 9:06 PM
So where is shawkee truck trail?

ZombieKiller
05-28-2008, 9:07 PM
We'll have to organize a drive down there.......

tazmanian devil dog
05-28-2008, 9:09 PM
Superb rifle. Enjoy it!

gir007
05-28-2008, 11:30 PM

You go out i8 east, then exit buckman springs rd, then turn right follow way past lake morenas exit till it turns into a t intersection which is old highway 94. you will see a diner to left along with very old mill building with lots of rusty cars ect in way distance and turn left torwards it. then a little ways down you can almost miss it the street is shawkee truck trail and just go up that street it goes into a cow grate then instant dirt. just drive up till you find a spot to shoot. the most common place and where I sit is a oak tree there on left side, and the edge of road is levelled and usually theres trash thanks to jerks. so if you go there do what I do and pick it up wwith you along with your trash keeps blm guys happy.

and ya if people want to go with me one day cool ide be up as long as i have plenty time in advance ect to know about it. and if i have money, once i sell my 1903 and carbon 15. I should have no prob goin lol.

Red_5
05-29-2008, 9:05 AM
That's a pretty swell 22LR sniper rifle. Cans beware!

The 10/22-ness got the better of me a couple days ago and I couldn't resist the call of a digital camo carbine that my dealer had on the rack..... :cool:

DukeofSD
05-29-2008, 1:09 PM

If you are looking for it, Google Maps spells it Shockey, but I don't know how it is spelled on the sign.

Does anyone bother you if you shoot larger rifles(Mosin or shotgun)?

How far can you shoot there?

Thanks,

DukeofSD

gir007
05-29-2008, 4:22 PM
If you are looking for it, Google Maps spells it Shockey, but I don't know how it is spelled on the sign.

Does anyone bother you if you shoot larger rifles(Mosin or shotgun)?

How far can you shoot there?

Thanks,

DukeofSD

The spot I shoot lucky to be 100ft its mostly for plinking. you can set em out farther but you'll be climbing a little. i shot my 12 gauge, mosin, mauser ect. they don't care. and I could of swore the sign is shawkee ill be able to check on the 17th due to my trip out there on that day! oh cool story for you. a year ago, me and my friend went out there, we just parked under the oak tree, and out of the bushes was a nice buck with a nice set of antlers. me and my friend just froze still and it kept walking our way like it was curious. it got within maybe 25-30t. and for a dumb move on my part I moved back a little then it got scared and ran away. I should of stayed still, but man what are the odds of that ever happening again. Probrably none. ive only seen very old tracks but didnt even think deer would be there.