PDA

View Full Version : Blank Bullets

dccali79
05-27-2008, 9:00 PM
Are blank bullets legal in Ca?

CSACANNONEER
05-27-2008, 9:23 PM
Blank bullets? I think you mean "blank ammunition" or, in other words: ammuntion that does not contain a bullet or other projectile. The answer would be: Yes, blanks are legal.

mrkubota
05-27-2008, 9:56 PM
.... and YES! .... They are still quite dangerous and can hurt/kill you even though they have no projectile....

http://www.moviegunservices.com/mgs_fsm.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

dccali79
05-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks guys, and sorry I meant blank ammunition not a bullet tip lol.

alpha_romeo_XV
05-28-2008, 12:04 PM
IRC Bruce Lee's son (Jr. ?) also and actor, died from being shot with a "blank" at point blank. Some blanks only have the primer, some have the end of the case crimped, and some may have powder with a wad to hold extra powder in. Ever notice how far a shot gun wad goes down range?

I think track and field starter's pistol uses 22 rim fire blanks - legal.

I have a concrete nailer than uses various charges of 22 rim fire blanks (color coded) depending on size of nail and depth of penetration needed. They're sold at HomeDepot every day.

ViPER395
05-28-2008, 1:12 PM
I believe Brandon Lee was killed when a blank was fired in a gun which already had a bullet lodged in the barrel.

Story goes like this: The effects guys, during testing, tried using a bullet with just a primer, with no powder. The primer pushed the bullet into the barrel. The effects guys didn't realize this and when the scene was shot regular blanks were used, but the resulting gas expansion pushed the bullet out of the barrel and into Brandon Lee. This was during the filming of The Crow.

IRC Bruce Lee's son (Jr. ?) also and actor, died from being shot with a "blank" at point blank. Some blanks only have the primer, some have the end of the case crimped, and some may have powder with a wad to hold extra powder in. Ever notice how far a shot gun wad goes down range?

I think track and field starter's pistol uses 22 rim fire blanks - legal.

I have a concrete nailer than uses various charges of 22 rim fire blanks (color coded) depending on size of nail and depth of penetration needed. They're sold at HomeDepot every day.

ohsmily
05-28-2008, 2:52 PM
Are blank bullets legal in Ca?

Hehe, a "blank bullet" = nothing.

ohsmily
05-28-2008, 2:54 PM
I believe Brandon Lee was killed when a blank was fired in a gun which already had a bullet lodged in the barrel.

Story goes like this: The effects guys, during testing, tried using a bullet with just a primer, with no powder. The primer pushed the bullet into the barrel. The effects guys didn't realize this and when the scene was shot regular blanks were used, but the resulting gas expansion pushed the bullet out of the barrel and into Brandon Lee. This was during the filming of The Crow.

Do you have a link with information about that? I believe it was just a crimped blank round. At point blank range, the escaping gases with a small piece of the crimped case were enough to do him in.