PDA

View Full Version : Where to get / How to buy CA legal AK variant W/ BB

exon111
05-27-2008, 8:50 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a place that sells AKs that are california legalized with bullet buttons (or something similar)? My friend is looking for an AK that is preferably less than $500, doesn't really matter what type. I know the deal with ARs, but I can't find too much info about AKs. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

ldivinag
05-27-2008, 8:58 PM
find the next gun show around OC... trust me. things have changed since... well... 1-2 years ago. lol...

otherwise, other so-cal'ers will chime in on a local AND FRIENDLY shop that WILL sell you kalif neutered but legal AK...

PIRATE14
05-27-2008, 9:06 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a place that sells AKs that are california legalized with bullet buttons (or something similar)? My friend is looking for an AK that is preferably less than $500, doesn't really matter what type. I know the deal with ARs, but I can't find too much info about AKs. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

This is almost too funny.....

Not too many AKs left under 500....might find a WASR w/ Black furniture or thumbhole stock WASR....there is one two still kicking here....

Saigas are still under 500......

Might build your own for less, if you grab a parts kit quickly.....

exon111
05-27-2008, 9:15 PM
He was thinking more along the lines of a used one I think, I recall seeing some chinese ones for $300 a while back. Have the prices really gone up on those?

JeffM
05-27-2008, 9:19 PM
Most if not all Chinese AKs are listed by name on the ban lists, and in other areas are going for nearly $1k.

Romanian WASRs are your best bet.

exon111
05-27-2008, 9:24 PM
Most if not all Chinese AKs are listed by name on the ban lists, and in other areas are going for nearly $1k.

Romanian WASRs are your best bet.

Where can I buy a legal WASR? I don't remember seeing any AK stuff at the last Orange County gun show.

rob408
05-28-2008, 7:28 AM
Ade's in Orange should be able to help you out. Just as everyone says, your stumbling block is the price limit. You can probably get a decent one for $600 or $700.

Alternative is to put one together and you should be able to stay within budget (of course this will take some time and you will need the proper tools to do it.

Either way you go, good luck.

geeknow
05-28-2008, 8:36 AM
ammo bros is cerritos has russian ak's (blondes and reds) for 599. they have russian ak's w/black furniture for a little more (cant remember how much). all of them have romanian parts kits and polished bolts.

vinny_land
05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
convert a Saiga

Boo_Radley
05-29-2008, 9:09 AM
ammo bros is cerritos has russian ak's (blondes and reds) for 599. they have russian ak's w/black furniture for a little more (cant remember how much). all of them have romanian parts kits and polished bolts.

Are you referring to the Lancasters they sell, or did they start carrying something new in the last month?

Slayer
05-29-2008, 9:29 AM
Bright Spot has some. Don't have a pistol grip, so you'll have to add one and a raddlock/bullet button to have pistol grip.