PDA

View Full Version : LaRue is LaCool!!!

IGOTDIRT4U
05-27-2008, 6:02 PM
Just got my delivery from them, tactical bi-pod mount with Harris BP to go on the Wilson UT-15. And the 3-pack of Magpul rail covers (I know, not made by them, but still was a good deal).

Anyhow, the steaks are seasoning with Dillo Dust right now, and the rest of the goodies were appreciated, too. Just thought I would put a shout out for a good vendor, and a good product (Yep, happy with the QR mount; I like it a lot more than the GG&G mount and BP)

I will definately be calling on LaRue in the future for more parts!

baselfish
05-27-2008, 6:22 PM
just did some dillo dust chicken thighs myself....

whilst wearing my larue cap...

and then popped the top on a sam adams with my dillo bottle opener...

no doubt there products are pricey + well made...

but the extras are a great add on..

Bf

jakjakman
05-27-2008, 7:23 PM
I am a LaRue fan through and through. I love their stuff and their customer service is awesome. Plus they stuff your order full of free swag!

usmcchet9296
05-27-2008, 7:25 PM
Got a cap, seasoning salt, and bottle opener from them when I ordered my Millett scope mount... good deal!
Damned Texans are OK in my book

ldivinag
05-27-2008, 8:03 PM
bottle opener is so cool...

plus their tag line: God bless our troops... especially the snipers.

gotta love that!

NiteQwill
05-27-2008, 8:05 PM
LaRue > * ;)

scfast
05-27-2008, 8:06 PM
larue just oozes quality placing my stealth upper order tomarrow..

harlot
05-27-2008, 8:18 PM
Be careful with that ****! I remember the good old days when 1 bottle of Dillo Dust would last me forever. Now I have to order something from them every couple of weeks just to keep straight.

Prowler
05-27-2008, 8:41 PM
They're great and so are the goodies...

MadRiverArms
05-27-2008, 9:37 PM
Yeah I ordered a LT-150 for my Millet Zoom Dot and got a cap, Dillo dust, Battle Mixer and Dillo bottle opener in the box. I was astounded that they did that but it really speaks volumes about the company and their business philosophy.

-G

lakai
05-28-2008, 1:38 AM
I never understood the purpose of the battle mixer. Why in the hell anyone would be mixing paint in the middle of a battle is just plain funny lol.

I recently placed another order few days ago but they didn't have any of the items in stock. I ordered from one of their dealers instead. Still waiting on my upper. One more week to go.. (Hopefuly)..

RobG
05-28-2008, 10:32 AM
LaRue CS is the best I have encountered. I bought a used SPR mount and the locking slide piece was damaged. So I contacted LT and sent it in for repair. It came back within a week fixed and complete with dillo dust, bottle opener, hat, paint mixer, stickers, and all at no charge:punk:

IGOTDIRT4U
05-28-2008, 10:53 AM
BTW, steaks were GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! Have to try it on chicken and pork chops next.

Anyone have their M17 light mount?

hms281
05-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Love larue, Got a 7.0 rail and sling from them. I only wish I had more cash for other cool larue stuff.

maxicon
05-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Heh! You guys know that free stuff isn't really free, right?

Full Clip
05-28-2008, 1:40 PM
I have some rings coming in from them next Tues.
And they do have great CS.

flyawaychen
05-28-2008, 5:38 PM
LaRue is definitly the first choice, I bought all my optics from them,
my Trijicon TA31A, Accucom, and the bug out bag, they arrived in very good
condition. The mounting system are amazing, they retain excellent zero
while taking it off and on.
No need to mention their customer servers, the best cs I've ever dealt with.
I had a credit card problem and we talked through email like chating on MSN.
Great company with the best quality.

RobG
05-28-2008, 6:06 PM
Heh! You guys know that free stuff isn't really free, right?

True. But, mine was...!!:D

Really though it comes down to making the customer feel as though he/she is "taken care of" that makes the difference.

scfast
05-28-2008, 7:48 PM
Just once i would like to see a thread titled "larue is lacrap"

USN CHIEF
05-28-2008, 8:33 PM

That you will never see my friend..

LT is the best company that I have dealt with when it comes to firearms accessories. I really don't care if the stuff that they throw is "Not really free", I care about the great Customer Service and the way they make me feel special by adding all that stuff to each order that I have placed. I currently have:

9 Ball Caps (5 Black and 4 tan)
10 Dillo bottle opener (they even sent me a red one for X-mas)
5 Bottles of road kill seasoning
6 Bumper Stickers
8 of them thangs that you use to cover jars and crap like that
9 Lil oil bottles (Emergency oil for the guns)

I have already spent about 4k with them ordering accessories and I don't regret buying a single one from them...

When ever I want to see what one of my rifle would look like with one of the accessories that they sell, I simply send them an e-mail with the request. I will give them the type/model of rifle that I have and they will find one and take a picture and send it to me... Now that is customer service..

maxicon
05-28-2008, 9:43 PM
Yeah, they're definitely not crap. There's no doubt they make some of the best gear you can get - well thought out and well made. Their customer service is also excellent. It may be expensive, but you know it's good and they stand behind it, and that's worth a lot these days. Even the people who have a hard time with Mark LaRue's attitude and his legion of koolaid drinkers agree that he makes good stuff.

Personally, I'd rather take $10 off the price and not bother with caps, dillos, meat rub, etc, as I really don't have a need or desire for any of that stuff. I'd be tossing it in the recycle bin, 'cuz I have a hard enough time storing the stuff I actually want. It's still marketing genius, because it makes most customers happy - I'm apparently in a minority there.

You do pay for it, regardless. Even if you buy used, the depreciation on LaRue gear is pretty slim, because it's good stuff and they stand behind it. It's hard to argue with that.

trinydex
05-28-2008, 10:46 PM

not as long as they keep sending me the tactical beverage opener.

J_Rock
05-29-2008, 2:01 AM
Careful with that dillo dust, I hear they put special chemicals in it that make you want to buy more LaRue products.

chuck762
05-29-2008, 6:04 AM

I had a lacrap experiance with them. Does that count?

X-NewYawker
05-29-2008, 6:10 AM
Does anyone have that LaRue mount that looks like a ladder I'm always seeing in the magazines on their gun?

maxicon
05-29-2008, 8:01 AM
I had a lacrap experiance with them. Does that count?

Gotta give details... It's all about data.

Prowler
05-29-2008, 8:31 AM
not as long as they keep sending me the tactical beverage opener.

I'm waiting to order something else from them, just so I can get another one! ;)

scfast
05-29-2008, 4:48 PM
That you will never see my friend..

LT is the best company that I have dealt with when it comes to firearms accessories. I really don't care if the stuff that they throw is "Not really free", I care about the great Customer Service and the way they make me feel special by adding all that stuff to each order that I have placed. I currently have:

9 Ball Caps (5 Black and 4 tan)
10 Dillo bottle opener (they even sent me a red one for X-mas)
5 Bottles of road kill seasoning
6 Bumper Stickers
8 of them thangs that you use to cover jars and crap like that
9 Lil oil bottles (Emergency oil for the guns)

I have already spent about 4k with them ordering accessories and I don't regret buying a single one from them...

When ever I want to see what one of my rifle would look like with one of the accessories that they sell, I simply send them an e-mail with the request. I will give them the type/model of rifle that I have and they will find one and take a picture and send it to me... Now that is customer service..yes i know i will never see that post...my 7yr old daughter was watching me surf larue's site awhile back and she asked what it was and i told here that they made the best stuff for daddy's gun's and now every time a package shows up she ask's is that from "Laroo" and i say "I wish".My wait on my stealth has started..

X-NewYawker
05-29-2008, 4:50 PM
I just love my GG&G and Leupold mounts. Sorry.