PDA

View Full Version : Range report! 10/22 and M4gery.

Booshanky
05-27-2008, 2:30 PM
Went to the Rainbow Range this weekend and got my 10/22 and my new OLL sighted in. These are the rifles....

http://lh4.ggpht.com/matich/SDdWhvkOIUI/AAAAAAAAUZI/VXNC6N44Q4U/s800/IMG_4979.JPG

After doing that, these are the targets I came out with at 53 yards. This is the 10/22 using a BSA 8/32x scope.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/matich/SDyKx_kOIXI/AAAAAAAAUa4/RnhXXm04Sz0/s800/Untitled-1.jpg

And this is the OLL using an eotech at the same distance. No magnification.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/matich/SDyKzPkOIYI/AAAAAAAAUbE/hVTUWcgYj4c/s800/Untitled-2.jpg

ohsmily
05-27-2008, 2:35 PM
Nice M4gery and nice group with the 10/22.

But, that scope on the 10/22 is pretty silly. It is what I can only presume to be an 8-32x50 BSA scope. That thing is bigger than the rifle and, as I can relate from personal experience, so dim and grainy at 32x that it is almost useless on all but the brightest, clearest day at the range, let alone the field. I would recommend ditching that scope on eBay and getting a smaller, better scope in place of it. Obviously, it held its zero on you range day (one would hope it would on a .22). But, when you start cranking around on the knobs on that thing, I suspect (again, based on personal experience) that you will start to have adjustment problems.

Of course, it should go without saying that it is your gun, your money; do what you like. I am just making suggestions.

Booshanky
05-27-2008, 2:41 PM
Nice M4gery and nice group with the 10/22.

But, that scope on the 10/22 is pretty silly. It is what I can only presume to be an 8-32x50 BSA scope. That thing is bigger than the rifle and, as I can relate from personal experience, so dim and grainy at 32x that it is almost useless on all but the brightest, clearest day at the range, let alone the field. I would recommend ditching that scope on eBay and getting a smaller, better scope in place of it. Obviously, it held its zero on you range day (one would hope it would on a .22). But, when you start cranking around on the knobs on that thing, I suspect (again, based on personal experience) that you will start to have adjustment problems.

Of course, it should go without saying that it is your gun, your money; do what you like. I am just making suggestions.

Yeah, it was a super cheap scope I got from Natchezss.com before I knew what all those numbers in the description of the scope meant. Needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed when I got the scope and realized how damn huge it is.

It's worked well though. I think I'll probably just keep it till it craps out and then pick up something better now that I know more about them.

grubbin
05-27-2008, 4:29 PM
Yeah, nice grouping with the 22. Did you sight it in at max zoom [32x]? Was that grouping done at 32x? Just curious more than anything.

I have a cheap fixed 6x32mm scope I'm playing with now til I sort out what works for me.

scfast
05-27-2008, 4:50 PM
nice groups... what kind of groups did you get with the ar at 100yrd's?...on your 10/22 you should look into mueller scopes probably the best scope for a rimfire...

SFFRONTMAN
05-27-2008, 5:29 PM
For a decently priced rimfire scope, check out the Mueller APV series. They get great reviews on www.rimfirecentral.com and people shoot some amazing groups with them.

Booshanky
05-27-2008, 6:08 PM
Yeah, I have heard of them. When the BSA craps out I'll be sure to check one of them out.

By the way, I should probably note these are both 10 round groups, and the 10/22 target was shot with the scope zoomed all the way in to 32x with the front of the stock rested on a block of wood and the rear of the stock supported by my shoulder. I was surprised at the ammount of bounce there was just due to my heartbeat.