PDA

View Full Version : Spike's AR-15 lower with bullet marking

collector7
05-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Hello member,
I want to order the Spike AR-15 with two Bullet marking on it . Is it OK in CA ? And if any member knows that their upper and lower matching color ?

Thanks so much .

bwiese
05-27-2008, 12:55 PM
The 'two bullet' marking - you mean the fake burst/full-auto indicator?

That had caused one FFL some problems and 20 Superior Arms receiver were 'stolen' by DOJ's Iggy Chinn.

I just think it could add needless confusing/aggravation to situations where OLL stuff already requires explanation.

What Just Happened?
05-27-2008, 12:58 PM
J&J Armory had no problems with it. The safety selector won't turn over to the burst / FA option.

collector7
05-27-2008, 1:06 PM
I really want the cheaper lower on their web site with no bullet marking But it will not match with their upper . Which lower is the best rate on the market ?
Thanks again .

ironcross
05-27-2008, 1:13 PM
IMO I would stay with Safe/fire. I was going to get till I was thinking if LEO gives me any crap about. It would be in their favor to take it. (legal or not) Just like one of the members and BLM (I think it was still a Safe/Fire) But I think it would be more fuel for their fire...

To me spending $1250 on a rifle and getting it taken away on the first shoot would be lame.

Just my 2 cents

ADD: I got a Stag-15 Lower same as the darkness as a SL-15. The ST-15 is lighter in color to the SL-15

mike22ca
05-28-2008, 9:53 AM
I have (3) of the Spikes w/ the colored markings, never had a problem with any of them yet. Matter of fact if you're interested I think there's still a group buy going on AR15.COM for them. Pick a couple up since they're so cheap. I did :43:

battleship
06-01-2008, 12:06 AM
These spikes lowers you say there cheap, cheap in comparison to what other make. does cheap mean they dont hold up to other manufactures. I had my AR lower replaced with one of these with the HK bullet markings, which now has me worried a bit reading this thread and the course for concern with how the LEO will react towards them. Is it a good company behind the lower.

tenpercentfirearms
06-01-2008, 7:00 AM
A forged lower is a forged lower. For example, anything I sell on my website is all the same or I wouldn't sell them.

As far as uppers matching lowers, until you have the upper and lower both in your hands to compare, you never know what is actually going to "match". They all fit together fine, but "matching" is such a relative term.

For example, if you want the lines of the upper and lower to match, you can buy a Stag upper and lower and they won't match. Most guys won't care about the lines, but some do. The finish is never a given either.

If you are an anal type and want the most pristine safe queen ever, you really need to have the items in your hands to compare or you might not be satisfied. If you just want a gun that shoots and shoots well, don't worry about the makes and models as far as "matching" goes and just get something that is of decent quality.

As far as legality goes, the Superior lowers that were confiscated were confiscated because they have a second screw hole by the pistol grip to adjust trigger overtravel. The CA DOJ claims you can disengage the disconnector this way and make the receivers full auto. After the fact they claimed the markings had nothing to do with it, but that was certainly the reason they took them.

I sell the Spike's marked ones. I don't worry about it and really it should be easy to show a LEO that the receiver is still not auto, but it could attract unwanted attention or scrutiny. Evaluate your risk level and choose accordingly.