PDA

View Full Version : Local gun/riflesmith for a Tikka T3 in So Cal...

Greenspartan117
05-26-2008, 1:34 PM
Dear Cal Gunners,

I am looking for a local gunsmith that can change out a 30-06 barrel to a 6.5x55 se for a Tikka T3 in LH? I hope that they do not have a long wait time though. Any help would be great!

Greenspartan117

Cypriss32
05-26-2008, 2:11 PM
GA precision. Most affordable and fast turn around times. BUT not in socal. They only smith I use in socal is Randy @ R&D Precision, BUT HE IS NOT taking anymore work. 4-6 weeks. And get a new stock for it too! Manners or MCM. Manners happins to be right down the street from GA!

3 other choices:
GAP
PAI
LSR

Nate Haler
05-27-2008, 11:26 AM
MT Guns, in Santa Barbara. He's expert with Tikka, and is the exclusive US importer of the superb Barnard actions, and he's a great guy to boot.

Mac Tilton, MT Guns (not EMPTY guns!)

He's fast, reasonable, and a great guy. And he's the Tilton from the famous racing clutch (and other parts) used in F1 racing and the like. :)

Pthfndr
05-27-2008, 4:51 PM
MT Guns, in Santa Barbara. He's expert with Tikka, and is the exclusive US importer of the superb Barnard actions, and he's a great guy to boot.

Mac Tilton, MT Guns (not EMPTY guns!)

He's fast, reasonable, and a great guy. And he's the Tilton from the famous racing clutch (and other parts) used in F1 racing and the like. :)

+1 on Mac Tilton. He built my Tikka 695 in 6.5x55 for long range and XC matches.

http://www.mtguns.com/

duenor
05-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Manners stocks... will T3 stocks fit the T3 tactical? I'm pretty sure they do but I'm not sure.

I'm pretty peeved over the rather pedestrian stock on my T3 tactical...