PDA

View Full Version : WTT: my 38 Special +P for your 38 Special normal

rivviepop
05-26-2008, 8:41 AM
I have 20 boxes (1000rds) of Federal P38HS2G 38 Special +P+ 147gr JHP, it's fine ammo - accurate, clean and even though it says +P+ in reality it's got about the power/recoil of a Remington 158gr +P. Federal seems to load things weak and label them hot in my experience.

I would like to trade for your 38 Special "non +P" - this Federal ammo is fine, but I want more low power rounds with less recoil, more suitable to running with in matches. Some example trades:

- Miwall 158gr (or maybe 147gr) TMJ reloads (a favorite of mine)
- Remington 158gr
- (insert your ammo here, you get the idea)

Details of the trade depend on what you have, feel free to make any sort of offer. What I won't trade for is more high power +P ammo; all I need is a power factor of 120,000 or above (bullet weight gr x velocity fps), preferably a jacketed round because I hate cleaning up after lead.

I've shot up a few cases of these rounds already, just realizing I don't need these guys any longer - been sitting on the shelf for awhile, time to trade.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/rivviepop/snv11475_800.jpg

QuarterBoreGunner
05-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Dude, where are you getting all this premium .38?

rivviepop
05-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Dude, where are you getting all this premium .38?

I'm an opportunist my man, if I'm somewhere and I see a deal for the taking - I take. :) These have been sitting on my shelf since last year I think... my desires in .38 ammo have changed is all. Even though I pretty much came in dead last with horrible times at yesterdays' ICORE match I had a great time and thought it was a blast. +P is just a bit too much.

I see a bunch of folks looking; really, make me offers - I'm willing to listen. All the ammo has to do is meet my power factor requirement (which isn't too hard, post your ammo SKU and we'll go look it up online) and I'm set.

I am willing to trade small amounts! All 20 boxes are not required at once, this is just what I have total.

rue
05-26-2008, 11:08 AM
I have some 125gr. copper plated SWC .38 I hand loaded just for IDPA. I loaded them light so they don't have much recoil. I loaded them with 4.6gr. Bullseye. Let me know I could use some home defense ammo.

rivviepop
05-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I have some 125gr. copper plated SWC .38 I hand loaded just for IDPA. I loaded them light so they don't have much recoil. I loaded them with 4.6gr. Bullseye. Let me know I could use some home defense ammo.

PM sent.

JTROKS
05-26-2008, 5:40 PM
I'm an opportunist my man, if I'm somewhere and I see a deal for the taking - I take.

How did you bring home all that ammo on your bike? :D

Looks like the ICORE bug has sank its' stinger on you. Feel the rush.

rivviepop
05-26-2008, 8:47 PM
How did you bring home all that ammo on your bike? :D
Looks like the ICORE bug has sank its' stinger on you. Feel the rush.

Hauling a case of ammo home on the bike is awful, I have to carry it in a hiking backpack (on the pillion seat it wants to shift and fall off) for about 50lbs of dead weight. One of these days I'm just going to buy a stupid car again to haul around all my gun gear, it's starting to breed and multiply like Gremlins after midnight. :)

JTROKS
05-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Yup! One of those Gremlins will be blue in color and will look like this...

http://www.dillonprecision.com/uimages/dillon_reloading_machines/xl650.jpg

I don't even have any 357 bullets to reload with at the moment.

rivviepop
05-28-2008, 8:41 PM
bump, still on the lookout

6266guy
05-28-2008, 9:13 PM
PM SENT

rivviepop
05-28-2008, 9:24 PM
General note for all: I *hope* to trade for ammo and not just sell it, but I might end up selling it I guess if nothing ever happens. Feel free to PM me but I'll caution that I have more "shooting" .38, so I'm in no hurry (yet!) to sell these; I can hang out for awhile and wait on a trade. But I'll file your PM away if I ever do sell it.

rivviepop
05-30-2008, 6:17 PM
bumpin' for ballistics. it's what's for dinner.

rivviepop
06-06-2008, 8:54 PM
still interested