PDA

View Full Version : 1337 Tactical

badshot
05-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Thinking of getting this for my recent build. Anyone have this that could give me their thoughts on it?
Thanks,
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/blackhawk1138/RedDot.jpg

lakai
05-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Why don't you buy a real one, they are cheap!

Quiet
05-26-2008, 1:16 AM
Hmmm....

Take a Canadian based company selling clones/copies of high-end firearm accessories at a quarter to a third of what the actual item will cost.
Add a website that wants you to install a Chinese language pack so you can view parts of it.
Add some 13375p34k to their company name.
And you have the makings of an airsoft parts distributor.
:gunsmilie:

recshooter
05-26-2008, 1:53 AM
Don't do it.

DedEye
05-26-2008, 2:15 AM
Airsoft junk.

There's a reason real optics cost as much as they do. Buy real, buy once.

draconianruler
05-26-2008, 6:13 AM
Don't know about that one but I have one of their clonepoints. It works so far and since I'm not planning to go into combat anytime soon I really don't care if it does breaks. I will say give it a try if its cheap. Flamesuit ON :D

ZombieKiller
05-26-2008, 6:34 AM
Buy real, buy once.

+1 -> Buy Cheap, Buy twice.

MT1
05-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Well if that ain't a mall ninja name then I don't know what is...

-hanko
05-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Thinking of getting this for my recent build. Anyone have this that could give me their thoughts on it?
Thanks,
Since you asked...I've seen/held one.

My impression...airsoft/teh ghey/POS;)

The fact that it's both cheap AND tactical will probably redeem it for you:rolleyes:

Me, I think "Docter". Since pos gun parts often go south whether or not I'm in combat, I'd prefer to do it right the first time. Not to mention that I do try to take at least a little pride in the weapons I assemble:D

-hanko

marxdspot
05-26-2008, 12:53 PM
I've had one, buddy. It trully is a POS. I'd pass on it and buy the real thing. The problem I had with this was that it would turn off if there was no light. It's light sensitive, which is why it has a shroud/cover for it to turn it off. One night, I took it out to Angeles for a night shoot and it didn't turn on...useless POS. Now, I won't buy anything, but the REAL Eotech's and Aimpoints when it comes to red dots. However, they do have a FACOG on their sight that really does work well and hold zero.

jakjakman
05-26-2008, 1:05 PM
Get the LaRue Iron Dot.

badshot
05-26-2008, 2:29 PM
I've had one, buddy. It trully is a POS. I'd pass on it and buy the real thing. The problem I had with this was that it would turn off if there was no light. It's light sensitive, which is why it has a shroud/cover for it to turn it off. One night, I took it out to Angeles for a night shoot and it didn't turn on...useless POS. Now, I won't buy anything, but the REAL Eotech's and Aimpoints when it comes to red dots. However, they do have a FACOG on their sight that really does work well and hold zero.

Thank you for giving me a straight-up answer.

Jicko
05-26-2008, 3:03 PM
Thanks,

PO Junk.

Ech0Sierra
05-26-2008, 3:07 PM
These things suck. My personal experience. Recoil loosened it to the point of flying off in the span of a month. Their Clonepoints and FACOGs are top-notch though.

Solidsnake87
05-26-2008, 5:19 PM
I ahd that same model. Worked great on my airsofts. When placed on a real gun I'm sure it will shut itself off permanently.

Get the burris fastfire @~$200 they are excellent sites of the nature and pretty cheap for decent optics. There is also the J-Point or Trijicon Docter. I think both run $400ish. Either way, they are all pretty much the same exact site.