PDA

View Full Version : Saiga Rifle Bullet Button

dandingo
05-25-2008, 9:21 PM
In "sporter" configuration where the trigger guard is not attached to the mag release lever... is there a bullet button that will work?

From my searches I have concluded the following:

jumbopanda - only works with trigger guard attached to mag release lever
jjperl - also only works with trigger guard attached to mag release lever
raddlock - requires trimming (?) to work with Saiga mags
morepoop4u - disables mag lever functionality completely (meh)

Any solutions for us oddballs who want skeleton/thumbhole stocks with the rearward trigger?

69Mach1
05-25-2008, 9:49 PM
1. The radd lock is probably your best bet. Just trim until the factory Saiga mag locks in.
2. The moorpoop4u is also great if you are using the factory Saiga 10 round mag. Just pop off the mag base plate, spring, and follower, drop your rounds in through the bottom, and reassemble.
3. Fill that thumhole for detachable mags.

I went with the moorpoop4u for now.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/Picture038-2.jpg

JeffM
05-25-2008, 9:51 PM
Not sure if it's an exact fit, but FEDUPWBS was selling a couple S12 mag locks. Search around a little and you'll find it.

Flat Broke
05-25-2008, 9:51 PM
Probably the easiest solution would be to convert the SOB ;) The cost of a couple of rivets, a FCG, and some time, will allow you entry to the worldwide cache of AK parts. What does a thumbhole stock for a Saiga go for these days? $50+? You can pick up used Tapco Dragunovs, real wood Dragunov stocks, etc for AK series rifles under $20 all the time.

However, to my way of thinking, the beauty of the Saiga IS the rear stock and relocated trigger guard. If you have pre-ban mags, you can't use em with bullet buttons. If you don't, then you're limited to 10rds in California, which in turn keeps you legal from a 922r standpoint with the excessive parts count. Either way, detachable magazines in conjunction with the sporter stock and relocated trigger (even though the thing is soggy) make the Saiga a Saiga.

Chris

dandingo
05-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the replies... I purchased one of the S12 Mag locks from FEDUPWBS earlier today. I figured that would be the best option with out fiddling with any of the existing mag locks, but I may also try the raddlock. I just wasn't sure if there were other options out there.

I actually prefer the rearward trigger, so I am not much interested in the PG conversion.

Related question: Assuming I have a non-detachable magazine, by adding the skeleton stock is the saiga no longer in 'sporting' configuration? Thus requiring 922r compliance?

69Mach1
05-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the replies... I purchased one of the S12 Mag locks from FEDUPWBS earlier today. I figured that would be the best option with out fiddling with any of the existing mag locks, but I may also try the raddlock. I just wasn't sure if there were other options out there.

Related question: Assuming I have a non-detachable magazine, by adding the skeleton stock is the saiga no longer in 'sporting' configuration? Thus requiring 922r compliance?

Thumhole stocks are not "non-sporting". You are in compliance as long as the Saiga doesn't also accept high cap AK mags.

dandingo
05-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Thumhole stocks are not "non-sporting". You are in compliance as long as the Saiga doesn't also accept high cap AK mags.

Thanks for confirming :)

Spyduh
07-01-2008, 1:44 AM

Ok I want to clarify what I've read on this thread and all the other threads I read on forum.saiga-12 so I make sure I understand this right and 100% legal.

1. RAA Saiga (http://www.raacfirearms.com/Saiga.htm)
2. Add factory skeleton stock (http://www.saigastock.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=141)
3. Add a Bullet Button/Mag Lock for Saiga.
4. Only use Factory Saiga 10rnd or less capacity mags.
5. Do not modify receiver to accept std AK mags.

- This will be CA legal?
- Factory skeleton stock (made in Russia) is considered a sporting configuration, so 922r does not apply because its still a sporting configuration?

* Which makes sense because they import it in this configuration. http://www.raacfirearms.com/Saiga_option.htm

> Any one know where I can the regular stock version local in the Bay and how much?
> Can a local CA FFL get the Saigai Option (skel) and add a mag lock on it before drosing? Would that be an option and any one know which local FFL in the Bay would do this?
--Edit-- Rethought this can't ship into CA with out the skel stock being dismantled. Or the Mag Lock will need to be installed by the out of state FFL/distributor before shipping into CA. Might be to hard to find a FFL willing to do this out of state. Then I'll be hit with the Out of State transfer fee. Plus the new July08 out of state FFL shipping verification law thingy.

Or am I better off getting the regular stock version and buying a skel stock + mag lock? Putting the Mag Lock on first to be in compliance with CA AWB then applying the skel stock.

--Edit-- might save myself a headache and buy local and install the maglock myself, then skel stock.

motorhead
07-01-2008, 6:16 AM
doesn't matter whose mags, saiga, ak, space alien as long as you don't exceed 10 rds.