PDA

View Full Version : Another noobie!

XIII
05-25-2008, 5:07 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forums obviously, and just wanted to do a virtual handshake hello how ya doing with everyone;) I just found your forum a couple days ago from doing a google search for California Gun Owners and this seems like the place I've been searching for:)

I am a 30 y.o male currentley living in San Diego County, non military, or non federal peace officer. I have very much been mainly into Rifles ever since my brother showed me pictures of him holding an m16 as a US Marine about 15 years ago. Since then I was hooked, but then got involved with my girlfriend who despised weopons of any kind, I was with her for 4 years and then we called it quits becuase of many things not just "the right of the people to keep and bear arms." but I wont go into all that.

Anyway here I am and glad to be a part of this forum. I currently own just one rifle:( but hopefuly more to come with you good people's advice, seeing I'm still just a beginner (noobie) lol

Oh almost forgot I'm a southpaw and have been looking for a nice hand gun,
I recently found the Ruger SR9. My local Gun dealer told me it won't be available in California, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for you time everyone;)

~Carlos aka XIII~

Saigon1965
05-25-2008, 5:19 PM
Welcome ocho. At the top of the handgun forum, there's a link to the DOJ list of approved handguns.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=81127

Now don't say I never did anything for you. Have fun.

XIII
05-25-2008, 5:26 PM
XIII is actually 13 not ocho but thanx for tha info man;) any other info is much appreciated :cool2:

Saigon1965
05-25-2008, 5:29 PM
What do I know about Latin numbers, LOL. OK, we'll call it trece.

XIII
05-25-2008, 5:37 PM
haha lol its all good bro, trece it is:patriot:

AfricanHunter
05-25-2008, 5:38 PM
Welcome to the forum. You looking for a semi auto or a Revolver?

XIII
05-25-2008, 5:42 PM
Semi Auto centerfire .45 auto or 9mm

Glock_XXI
05-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Sup homes

What Just Happened?
05-26-2008, 3:22 PM
Semi Auto centerfire .45 auto or 9mm

Two very nice selections. Actually, those are the only two calibers I have semiauto pistols for. But good selections none-the-less.

Oh, and welcome.

XIII
05-28-2008, 6:43 PM
Bump... Hi guys! hey Glock XXI ! so any suggestions on a reliable southpaw 9 milli or .45:cool2: let me know ;)

btw why do some of you all seem to not like the Ruger Mini 14?

Saigon1965
05-28-2008, 6:46 PM
Have you checked out SIG of HK? they are really nice. I am a southpaw also, just got used to everything being on the wrong side.

RAD-CDPII
05-28-2008, 6:51 PM
Bump... Hi guys! so any suggestions on a reliable southpaw 9 milli or .45:cool2:

Welcome to the board. I'm partial to .45's, many have ambi safties, not sure about the mag release though. Best advice is to go out and shoot a bunch of different guns and find out what feels good to you.

XIII
05-28-2008, 7:14 PM
Welcome to the board. I'm partial to .45's, many have ambi safties, not sure about the mag release though. Best advice is to go out and shoot a bunch of different guns and find out what feels good to you.

Yea, I plan on it next weekend! I just found a great shooting range that offers a wide variety of rentals. I just kinda wanted a short list from my fellow southpaw's to start out, but your right, its what feels best in my hands.

Hey Saigon1965 u got a link u can steer me towards?

What Just Happened?
05-29-2008, 8:44 AM
The CZ 85 has ambidex slide and safety. I think the M&P is supposed to be south paw friendly.