PDA

View Full Version : Help me configure a build!!

UBFRAGD
05-25-2008, 2:48 PM
Rifle purpose: A 50-100yrd jug-of-water buster approx 3moa or better, to be used extensively for rapid-fire plinking, a rifle for entertainment while other more expensive rifles get their cooldown, cleaning, finetuning, and other babying.

Configuration demands: AR-15 not mini-14 etc. Not that I have a dang thing against mini-14's but this is calguns. 16" thin barrel, and just above the minimum overall rifle length. Detachable mag, must for this build--it's a bullet burner. Little/none of the evil features. MMG or where's just a traditional rifle stock?? Is building an AR with a traditional looking rifle stock impossible?? If MMG only answer no prob. Love those non-adjustable tube-style stocks too. Lightweight as possible--it's the toy in-between playing with her heavier relatives. Rifle will wear flattop with cheesy red dot/holo rip-off or low-mag iilumin. reticle scope or some other alternative to forking out $1300 for a proper Trijicon, and that's it besides being forcefed with tremendous quantities of quality ammo. It's the rifle that I don't mind heating the barrel somewhere between red hot and complete metalurgical meltdown.

Financial considerations: Build or buy approx $1200 or less for just the rifle, optics etc are plus. 10-rnd mags must be readily available and at least somewhat affordable. Big plus for being able to find replacement barrels every year or so.

Thoughts??

jandmtv
05-25-2008, 2:56 PM
Pick the lower of your choice
pick the lower parts kit of your choice
this stock http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=9946&title=AR-15%20LE%20ENTRY%20TACTICAL%20STOCK
MMG
and a CMMG 16" lightweight midlength upper with a muzzle brake instead of a flash hider http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cart=1125083&cat=61& (3rd or 4th one down, your choice)

UBFRAGD
05-25-2008, 3:13 PM
Very cool, thanks for the links, I guess you are confirming no way around the MMG considering the build demands.........?

jandmtv
05-25-2008, 3:14 PM
if you want to drop mags and use your pre-bans, the mmg is the only way to go.

jandmtv
05-25-2008, 3:16 PM
if you are only going to use 10 round mags, then you can go the bullet button rout, which will allow you to have all the evil features you want, like a flash hider, and adjustable stock.

hawk81
05-25-2008, 7:26 PM
Get an ar lower you like and get all the other stuff you need from Del-Ton. Then you are good to go.

domokun
05-25-2008, 9:54 PM
if you want to drop mags and use your pre-bans, the mmg is the only way to go.

Isn't the U-15 stock another viable option if you don't want a MMG for a high-cap, droppable magazine build?

jandmtv
05-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Yes it is, but he said he wanted to do a 16" build with a pencil (lightweight) barrel, and the u15 is big and heavy, so its not an option for him.

At least not a tasteful one. :D