View Full Version : WTS: VM Hy-Tech 9mm adapter and 10/25 mag

05-24-2008, 4:31 PM
I purchased this adapter on a whim, along with the 9mm 10/25 mag. This adapter and mag has only seen 20 rds. It's never been dropped. The adapter came with nicks and is not cosmetically perfect.

VM Hy-tech 9mm mag adapter at Brownell's is $165
RRA 10/25 9mm mag at CWS is $45

I'm selling both SHIPPED for $170. I'm already taking a loss here so this price is firm. If this doesn't sell within the week I will keep it.

I'm in Contra Costa county. I'll accept MO or discreet Paypal[ add $5.00 to cover their fee ]

05-25-2008, 5:26 PM

05-29-2008, 2:52 PM

05-29-2008, 3:00 PM
so how does this mag block lock in the receiver, and will I still be able to use my bullet button? I notice something at the bottom of mag block that looks like a mag release.

05-29-2008, 5:35 PM
Sorry, I should've been clearer about this. I was assuming people would know about this adapter.

This magwell adapter is held in place by your receiver's mag catch button. The adapter has its' own mag button to work with standard Uzi mags. So it will freely drop mags once it is locked into place. I do not know of a bullet button/Prince 50 kit that works on the VM Hy-Tech mag button . I'm sure there is a creative way to machine the button to make it so it requires a tool to drop the mags. I just haven't put much thought or effort into it.

05-29-2008, 7:38 PM
You could drill a hole into the center of the UZI mag release button on the VM Hy-Tech. Thread the hole and install a set screw for a fixed mag config 9mm carbine. It should work just fine with a Prince50 & BB.

I have a VM Hy-Tech and other AR15 9mm mag adapters and it's my favorite mag adapter. Probably because I also have a lot of UZI mags. It installs just like a mag and doesn't require any fine adjustments. It just works in any of my & friends ARs with several 9mm uppers (Colt, RRA, Model1 Sales). It's been super reliable, feeds & ejects ammo with standard UZI mags perfectly.

05-29-2008, 8:42 PM
Thanks for the info REDHORSE.

07-02-2008, 5:49 AM
Grubbin, you still have this? Do you still want to sell it? If yes, I am interested. Thanks