PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson calls for ban!

Solidmch
05-18-2008, 8:21 PM
I searched first hope this aint a dupe.

Jesse Jackson just dont get it!

http://www.policelink.com/news/24349-j-jackson-opposes-plan-to-arm-cops-with-rifles

CHICAGO – Renewing a call to ban assault weapons nationwide, the Rev. Jesse Jackson objected Saturday to the Chicago Police Department’s plan to arm officers with combat rifles.

“These weapons, they’re only used to kill people,” Jackson said in an interview with The Associated Press.

Jackson, a longtime advocate for gun control, said giving officers M4 carbines will “intensify violence” and create more tension between citizens and law enforcement officers.

Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis recently announced that approximately 13,000 police officers be equipped and trained to use M4 carbines, a short assault rifle used by Chicago police SWAT team members.

Weis has said the weapons will help ensure officers can better match the fire power of street gangs.

But Jackson said Chicago residents, particularly youth, need more “summer jobs, summer school and summer recreation” instead of guns.

“I can understand police feel outgunned and out armed by gangs, but that is why we need a ban on assault weapons,” he said. “The killings coming from these weapons happen to be Northern Illinois University, Columbine and Virginia Tech.”

Jackson, founder of the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, called for stricter background checks and restricting gun manufacturers, among other things. He said he planned to continue meeting with city officials to lobby his cause.

Chicago police defended the plan to arm officers with semiautomatic assault rifles.

Most Popular
Most recent discussions
LEO Groups
Good Cop / Bad Cop
Police Videos
L.E. School Finder
“Banning assault weapons is common sense gun legislation that we support,” said Chicago police spokeswoman Monique Bond in a statement sent to The Associated Press. “But we must also ensure that our police officers are safe, because when they are safe, the communities they protect are even safer.”

While Chicago ended 2007 with the lowest number of homicides in 40 years, the past months have shown a spike in shooting deaths and violence, including a weekend in April when 36 people were shot.

The city recorded 134 homicides January through April, a 9 percent jump compared to 2007, when 123 homicides were recorded in those same months. Overall, violent crime also saw an uptick. It was up 6.1 percent during the first four months of the year compared to the same time period in 2007.

Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, a longtime advocate of gun control, has supported the department’s plan to arm officers with combat rifles.

hawk1
05-18-2008, 8:30 PM
Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, a longtime advocate of gun control, has supported the department’s plan to arm officers with combat rifles.

What a hypocrite...

I call for a ban on Reverands named Jesse...:D

Solidmch
05-18-2008, 8:37 PM
Hypocrite yes. Did he not have a baby with a 20 year old four years ago? He's been married for 40 years. He was also kicked out of his own organization for misappropriation of funds.

DM5
05-18-2008, 8:38 PM
:43: Why cant this p.o.s find something other than *****ing to make him happy. Im so tired of people like this, he makes the U.S a worse place to live for everyone. I wish he would just go play out in traffic!

Fate
05-18-2008, 8:44 PM
“I can understand police feel outgunned and out armed by gangs, but that is why we need a ban on assault weapons,” he said. “The killings coming from these weapons happen to be Northern Illinois University, Columbine and Virginia Tech.”
Idiot. Rifles of any type weren't involved at VA Tech. Gunman at NIU used a shotgun and 3 handguns. Columbine used a pistol, a double barrel shotgun, a pump shotgun and a 10-shot Hi Point 995 carbine.

Where are the AR-15s? AK-47s? 30-round magazines?

MrTuffPaws
05-18-2008, 9:21 PM
I'm against the militarization of police too, but banning AWs isn't going to do anything but remove them from citizens.

Solidmch
05-18-2008, 9:34 PM
I'm against the militarization of police too, but banning AWs isn't going to do anything but remove them from citizens.

I have no p[roblem with the police having AR-15's. As long as I can have one too.

mymonkeyman
05-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Of course, "assault weapons" are only used for killing people. However, your day-to-day Glock makes an excellent home renovation and do-it-yourself home surgical tool.

RomanDad
05-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Idiot. Rifles of any type weren't involved at VA Tech. Gunman at NIU used a shotgun and 3 handguns. Columbine used a pistol, a double barrel shotgun, a pump shotgun and a 10-shot Hi Point 995 carbine.

Never let the facts interfere with a good story.

Piper
05-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Chicago police spokeswoman Monique Bond in a statement sent to The Associated Press said “But we must also ensure that our police officers are safe, because when they are safe, the communities they protect are even safer.”

I have no problem with this logic, however, I would take that a step further and say "We must also ensure that our law abiding citizens are safe, because when they are safe, the communities they protect are even safer."

elSquid
05-18-2008, 10:37 PM
I have no p[roblem with the police having AR-15's. As long as I can have one too.

I have no problem with the police having AR-15's. As long as I can have eight.

-- Michael

Two Shots
05-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis recently announced that approximately 13,000 police officers be equipped and trained to use M4 carbines.

Looks like they are expecting problems soon?

But Jackson said Chicago residents, particularly youth, need more “summer jobs, summer school and summer recreation” instead of guns.

Sure it works with the good kids but it's the bad ones buying guns on the Black Market and no matter what they will always have access to weapons.

tombinghamthegreat
05-18-2008, 11:24 PM
It appears the anti gun politicans are afraid of the unavoidable supreme court ruling that will go our way. It seems the media is crying wolf more than usual lately but it appears people are not buying into the lies as they did in the 90's.

Decoligny
05-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Almost makes me ashamed to be a Reverend. I don't know what he preaches, but it ain't the Gospel.

cbn620
05-19-2008, 12:05 AM
I bet the guns in question aren't even M4's. They're probably civilian copies in semi-auto!

It's always the same BS from the anti-gun, and I can't help but feel they're merely ignorant and could easily be shown the facts. Another thing to consider here is that the police are either fear mongering/misappropriating facts or proving us RIGHT when they need these guns.

Think about it. The reason we don't need them in their opinion is because we don't have violence in this country and a simple handgun or hunting rifle is all we supposedly need. Who needs one of these "assault weapons"? You're all crazy! That seems to be their train of thought.

So, if they're telling the truth and they really need these guns to fight back against street gangs, that validates our need to do the same.

But do they really need these weapons? The firearms they call assault weapons only make up some 3% of gun crimes. So who's telling the truth here? Why do 13,000 officers need "assault weapons" to fight against a mere 3% of gun crimes?

And furthermore, what is Jesse Jackson smoking when he thinks adding more gun bans will stop gang bangers? Most of these guys get their illegal firearms off the black market. Here he is talking trash on machine guns standing on his soap box yelling "WE MUST BAN MACHINE GUNS, WE MUST BAN THEM TO KEEP THESE GANG BANGERS FROM CRIME. THE ANSWER IS NOT ARMING THE POLICE, THE ANSWER IS BANNING MACHINE GUNS."

...and then some dude steps back and says, "Uhh...sir, machine guns have been illegal since the 30's in this country."

"....................WAIT, SO YOU MEAN PEOPLE ARE USING ILLEGAL GUNS TO PURSUE ILLEGAL ENDS? NO WAY!"

battleship
05-19-2008, 12:27 AM
friggin big mouthed preachers, black or white, all they want to do is keep them selfs in the lime light, you know they preach to themselfs in the mirror. why normal folk are coming there hair, brushing there teeth, every time i see one of these nut jobs mouthing of to the media or a crowed, i think of Adolf friggin Hitler are Nuroemberg. the only gift they have is they can not for the life of them keep there big traps shut.

acolytes
05-19-2008, 1:06 AM
“These weapons, they’re only used to kill people,” Jackson said in an interview with The Associated Press.

I thought any kind of weapon was used to kill people?:confused:

Heatseeker
05-19-2008, 2:03 AM
Do people(other than the media clowns) still listen to Jesse Jackson?

You've got to admit, he may be on to something with this: "Jackson said Chicago residents, particularly youth, need more “summer jobs, summer school and summer recreation” instead of guns". I'm sure with more summer jobs and summer recreation, my local bangers would all hang it up :rolleyes: .

Get a life Jesse...

cbn620
05-19-2008, 5:34 AM
I think anyone could use more summer jobs and summer recreation than they do guns. Hell, I would only really need about, I dunno, say... ten guns. I could always do with more summertime recreation and jobs though. Perhaps some summer shooting in an ISSF style event, maybe a job at the local range sweeping brass.

Jesse Jackson = ownt.

ibanezfoo
05-19-2008, 8:42 AM
I think its time for a ban on Jesse Jackson. I think its time for a banishment of him and his ways. Ship him to Afghanistan where his message will be welcomed.

-Bryan

Sutcliffe
05-19-2008, 10:39 AM
I'd be willing to bet that Cosby had specific persons such as JJ and Sharpton in mind when he gave his views on problems in the black community.
Parasitic comes to mind.

Solidmch
05-19-2008, 8:14 PM
I have no problem with the police having AR-15's. As long as I can have eight.

-- Michael

well said

dawson8r
05-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Wonder if JJ knows that the origins of gun control in this country were to keep free blacks from defending themselves. Hey JJ, you are a sell out and YAAFM!

jumbopanda
05-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Jesse Jackson is a scumbag of the worst kind. He makes a living by stirring up racial tension contributes nothing to this world. Simply put, he's a leech.

Solidmch
05-21-2008, 7:45 PM
Jesse Jackson is a scumbag of the worst kind. He makes a living by stirring up racial tension contributes nothing to this world. Simply put, he's a leech.

He also uses words that do not exist!:D

TOMBSTONE
01-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Jesse Jackson is a POS %^&# and cannot make up his mind who's side he's on ; with his and Sharpton's leftist gun grabbing ideas.

GW
01-19-2009, 1:31 AM
Poor Jesse
He isn't the spokesman for all black people anymore.
What's gonna do now that "The Man" is black

Just a lost soul trying to be relevant,:nopity:

AlexBreya
01-19-2009, 1:41 AM
When is the last time anyone heard of a gang fight with AR/M series weapons? don't they just use some old 6 shot .22 revolvers that they only use once? If they want to stop gang violence, they need to secure the borders so that no illegal guns can come through. then lower the prices on gun safes so guns don't get stolen as often. and issue a lot more CCW permits, and police should be allowed to use less than leathal rounds on sight, no "freeze" when some robber tries to run away. just my 2 cents... :euro:

nick
01-19-2009, 1:41 AM

There're guns designed for other purposes? Oh, right, there're glue guns, nail guns... I say we should outfit the cops with them :)

nick
01-19-2009, 1:46 AM

Hey, you're not calling for banning Hi-Point 995, right? I enjoy shooting mine :D

nick
01-19-2009, 1:51 AM
Do people(other than the media clowns) still listen to Jesse Jackson?

You've got to admit, he may be on to something with this: "Jackson said Chicago residents, particularly youth, need more “summer jobs, summer school and summer recreation” instead of guns". I'm sure with more summer jobs and summer recreation, my local bangers would all hang it up :rolleyes: .

Get a life Jesse...

Summer jobs would work. Guns are getting more expensive these days :)

AndrewMendez
01-19-2009, 3:16 AM
I THINK WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS ENCOURAGE OUR FRIENDS TO GET INTO THIS BEAUTIFUL HOBBY OF OURS! LETS GET SOME GUNNERS IN THE LEGISLATIVE SEATS. I AM ALL FOR COPS HAVING M4'S, HELL THEY SHOULD PROBABLY BE AUTOMATIC! WE ALL REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED AT THE BANK OF AMERICA OVER A DECADE AGO. MAYBE THE REV. JESSE JACKSON NEEDS TO GO BACK TO OBAMAVILLE, WHERE CRIMINALS ARE SHOOTING RUBBERBANDS AND SQUIRT PISTOLS!

gcvt
01-19-2009, 3:19 AM
I THINK WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS ENCOURAGE OUR FRIENDS TO GET INTO THIS BEAUTIFUL HOBBY OF OURS! LETS GET SOME GUNNERS IN THE LEGISLATIVE SEATS. I AM ALL FOR COPS HAVING M4'S, HELL THEY SHOULD PROBABLY BE AUTOMATIC! WE ALL REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED AT THE BANK OF AMERICA OVER A DECADE AGO. MAYBE THE REV. JESSE JACKSON NEEDS TO GO BACK TO OBAMAVILLE, WHERE CRIMINALS ARE SHOOTING RUBBERBANDS AND SQUIRT PISTOLS!

http://wrpn.net/~kremit/gallery/funny/caps-lock.jpg

dark45
01-19-2009, 3:57 AM
just another POS obama-nation loving dirt bag who needs to be put in some of the ****y places allot of people have been in. maybe he should talk to the gangbanging pieces of **** about getting rid of guns rather then taking the power from the cops who do nothing but fight for us and him against those dirty ******s yes if we lay our guns down they will do the same right? god dammit, these kind of people piss me off.

i agree with "ALL CAPS CAPTIN" we need to get every single person we know shooting and fighting against these kind of idiots

Nevermore
01-19-2009, 8:45 AM
Of course, "assault weapons" are only used for killing people. However, your day-to-day Glock makes an excellent home renovation and do-it-yourself home surgical tool.
I'm going to have to use this in a discussion some time.

creampuff
01-19-2009, 8:58 AM
I THINK WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS ENCOURAGE OUR FRIENDS TO GET INTO THIS BEAUTIFUL HOBBY OF OURS! LETS GET SOME GUNNERS IN THE LEGISLATIVE SEATS. ...
Dude all of your posts in the other threads are in all caps as well..that means you are posting from work huh :).

Growing up in the 'hood, I can tell you the problem started long before the kids were able to get summer jobs. When my friends were going home to broken families, single mom/single income or no income - the problem started a long time before they could get their hands on some cheap gun (not likely an M4). More feel good talk.

When was the last time the "Reverend" actually preached about the real gospel?

lostil-found
01-19-2009, 9:24 AM
Amen++

JDay
01-19-2009, 9:29 AM
“I can understand police feel outgunned and out armed by gangs, but that is why we need a ban on assault weapons,” he said. “The killings coming from these weapons happen to be Northern Illinois University

That shooter used a Remington 870 shotgun, 9 mm Glock, 9 mm Sig Sauer and a .380 Hi-Point

Columbine

The shooters at this one used an Intratec TEC-DC9, Hi-Point 995 9mm Carbine, Savage 67H pump-action shotgun, Stevens 311D double barreled sawed-off shotgun. Out of those only the Intratec is considered an AW.

and Virginia Tech."

The shooter used a Glock 19 and a Walther P22. I really wish these gun control nuts would at least take the time to learn the facts before they open their mouths.

JDay
01-19-2009, 9:36 AM

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IN THE INTERNET EQUIVALENT OF YELLING! That said I would not suggest giving the apolice a full auto. Most of them only practice with their side arms when it comes time for qualifications. In fact if they spent more time at the range they could have stopped that bank robbery with their pistols and shotguns pretty fast. Could you imagine the innocents that would get hit by police doing the spray and pray?

JDay
01-19-2009, 9:40 AM
Dude all of your posts in the other threads are in all caps as well..that means you are posting from work huh :).

Growing up in the 'hood, I can tell you the problem started long before the kids were able to get summer jobs. When my friends were going home to broken families, single mom/single income or no income - the problem started a long time before they could get their hands on some cheap gun (not likely an M4). More feel good talk.

Kids were able to get jobs long before we had work permits. In fact most were working by the age of 12 back when this country was founded. I blame the child labor laws and the media for the lazy kids we have today.

5150Marcelo
01-19-2009, 9:41 AM
its only JJ, nobody important.

cortayack
01-19-2009, 9:52 AM
I believe the police don't need M4s on every day patrol. Its a over kill.......But to have some available for bad situations is OK with me....I thought thats what SWAT is for????

Of course we all know baning "AW" isn't going to keep them out of criminals hands.........LOL.....I think JJ is dream walking again....

JDay
01-19-2009, 9:55 AM
I believe the police don't need M4s on every day patrol. Its a over kill.......But to have some available for bad situations is OK with me....I thought thats what SWAT is for????

Of course we all know baning "AW" isn't going to keep them out of criminals hands.........LOL.....I think JJ is dream walking again....

SWAT is used almost exclusively for serving warrants. Thats how they justify their funding.

MB260E
01-19-2009, 10:03 AM
This guy is an idiot, I can't believe he thinks he is of utmost importance...

Colt
01-19-2009, 6:01 PM
there're glue guns, nail guns...

When glue guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have glue guns...

Aegis
01-19-2009, 7:15 PM
I bet this guy has a team of armed bodyguards or a CCW. Generally it is those who scream the loudest (DI FI and Ted Kennedy) to ban guns are the most hypocritical and find some way to protect themselves. Politicians like this clown think their lives are more valuable than the average citizen. Fortunately, this guy is a joke and has no credibility.

9M61
01-19-2009, 7:30 PM
SWAT is used almost exclusively for serving warrants. Thats how they justify their funding.

Where did you get this information? Most departments serve warrants with regular patrol.

Codelphious
01-19-2009, 10:09 PM
I actually half-agree with JJ.

Militarized Police is NOT what this country needs.

That's not to say that the office shouldn't be allowed to have an M4 in his squad car if he feels he wants one (2nd A), but I certainly don't believe it should be at mine, or anyone but the officer's, expense.

robairto
01-19-2009, 10:14 PM

Stockton school yard for the AK; SKS with Bill Clinton at the whitehouse.

Just a reminder.

GW
01-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Stockton school yard for the AK; SKS with Bill Clinton at the whitehouse.

Just a reminder.
Stockton was well before Clinton
Purdy helped bring about the Roos roberti ban

mark2203
01-19-2009, 11:16 PM

Amen

tombinghamthegreat
01-20-2009, 11:49 AM
He is starting this again?...annoying

Warhawk014
01-20-2009, 1:24 PM
What a hypocrite...

i 2nd that

Bad Voodoo
01-20-2009, 3:04 PM
I have no problem with this logic, however, I would take that a step further and say "We must also ensure that our law abiding citizens are safe, because when they are safe, the communities they protect are even safer."

I do have a problem with the logic you quoted (and agree with your thoughts re: law abiding citizens), and here's why.

See, in my neighborhood the police only show up after an event has occurred, and I don't count on any sort of priority when something does happen either. In the 8 or so years I've lived here, I've never once seen a patrol cruising through the neighborhood at any hour of the day or night. Not once. And after all, the police are not constitutionally required to protect or defend me, my family, or my property anyway, right? If that's the kind of logic that's being defended then we, as law-abiding citizens, should be compelled to own and train with firearms as a deterrent against crime, shouldn't we? Aren't we on the front lines, even before the police?

I live in a relatively quiet neighborhood, too. Imagine how the people living in the projects feel. I'd venture a guess that they feel unprotected everywhere in America, yet all the Jesse's keep running around screaming for more and more gun bans, which we all know only affects the law-abiding citizen anyway.

Welcome to the hypocrisy.

motorhead
01-20-2009, 6:23 PM
jessee has never let himself become burdened with such annoying details as facts. he could make up the story as he goes and the media and his zombie followers will eat it up.

Tarn_Helm
01-20-2009, 6:43 PM
What a hypocrite...

[emphasis added by me]

:punk:

Gator Monroe
01-20-2009, 6:46 PM

I want Leo's to have SAW's and RPG's and anyother Military smallarms they desire (When the Border war goes hot they will need all the help they can get (And with Obama it wont be from our military or NG):chris:

DDT
01-20-2009, 6:51 PM
jessee has never let himself become burdened with such annoying details as facts. he could make up the story as he goes and the media and his zombie followers will eat it up.

I thought that was Al Sharpton. Wasn't Jesse too busy knocking up his employees to make up stories?

Codelphious
01-20-2009, 9:55 PM
I want Leo's to have SAW's and RPG's and anyother Military smallarms they desire (When the Border war goes hot they will need all the help they can get (And with Obama it wont be from our military or NG):chris:

Don't forget that when SHTF and martial law takes effect, it's the LEOs that come to confiscate your weapons. In that case, do you really want them to have SAWs and RPGs (when you don't)?

cousinkix1953
01-21-2009, 6:27 AM
What a hypocrite...

Jesse Jackson and that crazy Chicago priest, Michael Pfleger have harassed suburban gun stores for several years nows. If Daley's police want to carry M-4s; let's hope they aren't clumsy like CHP officers and Contra Costa sheriffs deputies. Thieves have stolen two Colt AR-15 style rifles from their parked patrol cars since last December...

rrr70
01-21-2009, 6:39 AM
Well, noe that Obama is a President Jesse won't have a chance to cut off Obama's ba!!s.:D