PDA

View Full Version : SoCal - 22LR Prec/Tact Rifle Match 060708

Timberwolf
05-13-2008, 9:15 PM
This will be the first of this type of match in this area. See the link for more information http://www.tacticalprecisionrimfire.com/promotion/22LRSaugus.jpg

Sorry but the image is too large to load.

69Mach1
05-13-2008, 9:20 PM
http://www.tacticalprecisionrimfire.com/promotion/22LRSaugus.jpg

Timberwolf
05-13-2008, 9:23 PM
Thanks - one of these days I'll get the hang of that on here.

Vu 308
05-13-2008, 9:45 PM
Looks good guys. Let me know how it goes...may have to start that up here.

Vu

wildcard
05-13-2008, 9:51 PM
I should be in.. pending Vegas or WEGC match schedule.

Ceemack
05-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Sounds fun, but I'll have to wait for the next one.

wildcard
05-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Thats a really nice ad by the way. Pascal does good work.

Timberwolf
05-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Sounds fun, but I'll have to wait for the next one.

Unless I have a strong showing for this one there may not be a next one. Just like when I started the HP matches we have to have a good showing before this becomes a regular event.

rksimple
05-14-2008, 1:56 PM
Don't have my savage yet, but have the 10/22. Need a scope though. I'll let you know twolf.

wildcard
05-14-2008, 1:58 PM
Don't have my savage yet, but have the 10/22. Need a scope though. I'll let you know twolf.

I'm embarassed to say it.. but I have a Simmons mounted on my 10/22. It's from when I first started rifle shooting and didn't know any better.

rksimple
05-14-2008, 2:11 PM
I'm embarassed to say it.. but I have a Simmons mounted on my 10/22. It's from when I first started rifle shooting and didn't know any better.

Right now I have a $30 bushnell on mine. The countless rabbits and squirrels that fell to it didn't know it had such a pathetic scope on top. Its served it purpose well, but for this type of shooting, I need better if I'm going to be spinnin' knobs.

Pascal
05-14-2008, 2:31 PM
I'm IN! for sure...

I don't think you need a superduper scope for this match.

Timberwolf
05-14-2008, 3:47 PM

I have a spare Bushnell 10X40 MD if push comes to shove

postal
05-14-2008, 3:54 PM
Hey Bill,

I'm in, so's my brother-

My GF might shoot it as well if we can share the rifle.

Sounds like a lot of fun.... and plan on adding it as a "regular" match! Even if the first is packed, once the word spreads, it'll get bigger.

Timberwolf
05-14-2008, 4:14 PM
Hey Bill,

I'm in, so's my brother-

My GF might shoot it as well if we can share the rifle.

Sounds like a lot of fun.... and plan on adding it as a "regular" match! Even if the first is packed, once the word spreads, it'll get bigger.

You can share as I'll be running it in squads

ar15barrels
05-14-2008, 5:00 PM
I'll be in Brazil. :(
They gave me dates at work today of June 4th to June 11th.

Timberwolf
05-14-2008, 5:13 PM

Work instead of shoot - that could be a man card violation :p

ar15barrels
05-14-2008, 5:18 PM
Work instead of shoot - that could be a man card violation :p

Does not matter.
The man-card puller lost the right to pull man cards when the thread was killed.

And it's not a man-card violation if you get to spend time on the beach in brazil...
Ever heard of brazilian waxing?
Nude beaches baby!

Timberwolf
05-14-2008, 5:47 PM
You got a point unless you get waxxed:hide:

ar15barrels
05-14-2008, 6:42 PM
You got a point unless you get waxxed:hide:

No wax for me thank you.

PistolPete75
05-14-2008, 7:17 PM
Poster looks real good. Whoever did the graphics did a great job.

Cypriss32
05-14-2008, 7:22 PM
You shooting anymore pete?

postal
05-14-2008, 7:53 PM
Poster looks real good. Whoever did the graphics did a great job.

Pascal did that "DesertFrog"... That's why half the pics are of him!:D

Timberwolf
05-14-2008, 9:03 PM
Y'all can thank (as I do) DF for the ad

wildcard
05-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Who's that handsome devil in the red? He adds a little something to the ad :)

PistolPete75
05-14-2008, 11:42 PM
You shooting anymore pete?

i'm still shooting, but it's totally scaled down. i'm trying to get my business up again, and i've been spending alot of time with my family. i probably shoot like once or twice a month now if i'm lucky. i did some shooting today though, i zeroed in someone's airsoft ai aw, lol. it did 10moa. you can see the bb curve to the right, probably due to the 2mph crosswind. bc on the bb i think was .001

i got to start concentrate on making money rather than spending money. basically that's my story.

Teletiger7
05-15-2008, 1:45 AM
I'm definitely interested. I plan on making it. This sounds like alot of fun. Nice ad BTW.

Prc329
05-15-2008, 8:52 AM
i'm still shooting, but it's totally scaled down. i'm trying to get my business up again, and i've been spending alot of time with my family. i probably shoot like once or twice a month now if i'm lucky. i did some shooting today though, i zeroed in someone's airsoft ai aw, lol. it did 10moa. you can see the bb curve to the right, probably due to the 2mph crosswind. bc on the bb i think was .001

i got to start concentrate on making money rather than spending money. basically that's my story.

I feel your pain.

Fjold
05-15-2008, 9:01 AM

Bom Dia!

Never put a sad face after saying "I'll be in Brazil"!

Great timing Timberwolfe! It looks like I'll be able to make it.

Anyone in Bakersfield who wants to attend let me know, we can carpool.

Bill is there going to be any chance of sighting in before the match?

ar15barrels
05-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Never put a sad face after saying "I'll be in Brazil"!

I don't like traveling for work.
I would really rather stay home and shoot a match on any given weekend.

People think that traveling for work is fun.
It's fun at first, but after 12 years, it's just work.
I'll be in a dirty industrial city.
I'll be doing 12hr days.
I won't see anyone but the few people I am working with, the studio we are in and the inside of cabs and my hotel.
Let's not forget the two 12+ hour flights either...

Timberwolf
05-15-2008, 10:22 AM
just what does you do anyway

Pascal
05-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah, sighting in before the match would be awesome.

The change of zero can be quite radical with the 22 depending on the conditions, temp, etc...

I had a 3 MOA difference between ASR and Saugus last time I was there. When I went back to ASR, I was back to normal.

Fjold
05-15-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't like traveling for work.
I would really rather stay home and shoot a match on any given weekend.

People think that traveling for work is fun.
It's fun at first, but after 12 years, it's just work.
I'll be in a dirty industrial city.
I'll be doing 12hr days.
I won't see anyone but the few people I am working with, the studio we are in and the inside of cabs and my hotel.
Let's not forget the two 12+ hour flights either...

Which dirty, industrial city? I've been to Brazil 7 or 8 times and worked in Rio, Manaus and Macae. :D

During 1999 - 2004 I averaged 70,000+ air miles a year on business travel and the flights to Auckland, Rio, ShangHai, Amsterdam are all 12+ hour flights and I still enjoy it.

Timberwolf
05-15-2008, 11:30 AM

The change of zero can be quite radical with the 22 depending on the conditions, temp, etc...

I had a 3 MOA difference between ASR and Saugus last time I was there. When I went back to ASR, I was back to normal.

I suggest all who can to come to A Place to Shoot and get your 50 and 100 yard dope. I can also put out paper at 150 if needed. As usual though you can zero prior to the match if you get there early enough.

ar15barrels
05-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Which dirty, industrial city?

Sao Paolo

Fjold
05-15-2008, 1:02 PM
Sao Paulo is great! I've spent many a long weekend there in between jobs.

The 5th largest city in the world.

ar15barrels
05-15-2008, 1:39 PM
Sao Paulo is great! I've spent many a long weekend there in between jobs.

The 5th largest city in the world.

Ah, probably because you had time off. ;)
I have 5 days of work and 5 days on the ground between flights.
No time off, AND I have to work through the weekend...

PistolPete75
05-16-2008, 4:42 PM

Yep, I zeroed at Angeles and I was a .10 mill off an APS. My 400yard dope was .30 mill off.

PistolPete75
05-16-2008, 10:37 PM
so what's going on? i'm finally have time to go on calguns. i'm i missing out on anything?

ar15barrels
05-16-2008, 10:48 PM
so what's going on? i'm finally have time to go on calguns. i'm i missing out on anything?

3gun match tomorrow night at WEGC.
No illuminated targets so bring weaponlights. :)

I moved into the #2 position for post count.

PistolPete75
05-16-2008, 11:00 PM
3gun match tomorrow night at WEGC.
No illuminated targets so bring weaponlights. :)

I moved into the #2 position for post count.

hehe. Y R a post whore. Must be nice to be single and shoot all the time. I'm jeolous. By they way, I got some nice bolt mods for you.

ar15barrels
05-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Must be nice to be single and shoot all the time.

It is.
2 matces last saturday, action pistol in the morning and precision rifle at night.
I'm still considering getting up early tomorrow to shoot steel challenge (2 guns of course) and then the night 3gun match.

Sleeping in is more appealing though as it's going to be hot tomorrow...

smogcity
05-17-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm in! Where do I register?

postal
05-17-2008, 11:05 AM

just PM timberwolf, or send an email- his address is on the bottom of the flyer.

Spaniard
05-17-2008, 7:36 PM
Glad to see this idea come to the table, THANK's Bill.

I don't know if I will be able to make it, I think the Raahaugus Shoot Fair is the same weekend and I promised the kid we go.

However, lets see how it goes I want to know because if it does well I am thinking of doing one myself this November. SCPRC "Lite" so to speak as a one day match.

It would be for two classes, Bolt & Semi-Auto's, I don't think it would be a hard sell I have already had thumbs up on it from various shooters.

Take pictures and post.

Thanks for putting it on, these are all work but hey the pay is awesome right Bill... Just don't let it out that you and I are making a fortune running matches, can't let that out...:rolleyes:

Spaniard:inquis:

Timberwolf
05-17-2008, 9:52 PM

Hit me PM or email and give me the names of those attending and I'll put you on the ever growing list.

Timberwolf
05-17-2008, 9:53 PM
Thanks for putting it on, these are all work but hey the pay is awesome right Bill... Just don't let it out that you and I are making a fortune running matches, can't let that out...:rolleyes:

Spaniard:inquis:

Yeah someday I'm going to use my match proceeds and retire ;)

PistolPete75
05-19-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't have a .22 rifle built yet. Bill if you need some help let me know. I'll be your assistant.

I'm starting to sell off my guns that I don't use. Mayby I can make a trade or something to come up with a .22 rifle.

wildcard
05-19-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't have a .22 rifle built yet. Bill if you need some help let me know. I'll be your assistant.

I'm starting to sell off my guns that I don't use. Mayby I can make a trade or something to come up with a .22 rifle.

Just jack Al's. Rings + Base and it's ready to go :)

As for me.. I haven't done crap lately.. major drama.

PistolPete75
05-19-2008, 10:58 AM
what's going on? what kind of drama you got?

guys only got drama with two things. girls and money.

as for the .22, i rather just buy my own later. i want a bolt action rather than a semi.

wildcard
05-19-2008, 1:56 PM
what's going on? what kind of drama you got?

guys only got drama with two things. girls and money.

as for the .22, i rather just buy my own later. i want a bolt action rather than a semi.

I wish it was just girls or money. More like legal (potentially criminal and civil) drama involving a dog bite. Ain't going to get into it online. I rarely lose sleep.. but this is an exception.

I need to play with my .22 to zero it and get familiar with it again. Maybe I'll even dig out the good ammo :) I'll probably hit up the range next week (weekdays) and practice a bit.

I'd prefer a .22 bolt action too.. but really don't feel like spending too much $$$ on guns. I'm sure I'll grow out of this phase as soon as the precision bug bites again.

Timberwolf
05-19-2008, 3:09 PM
Just as a reminder to all, especially people I've not met or who have never been to my matches, there are a lot of people posting that they want to participate but then I never receive an email or PM. While this isn't a problem for the regulars it is if I don't know you as I need your name for the pre-reg list. This is so we can cross-reference it on the day of the match. That said if you've not attended one of my matches in the past and want to attend please PM me with you street name. Thanks

Timberwolf
05-19-2008, 3:11 PM
Pete if you want to shoot in the 22LR match you can borrow my Savage and ammo (she's finiky) if you want.

PistolPete75
05-20-2008, 2:10 PM
Pete if you want to shoot in the 22LR match you can borrow my Savage and ammo (she's finiky) if you want.

sounds really tempting. i'll talk to you this weekend @ aps.

if i shoot your ammo, i'll buy my own stash and give you some for the "free" rental.

does your savage like .22 thunderbolt? i got tons of them sitting around.

Timberwolf
05-29-2008, 10:21 PM
sounds really tempting. i'll talk to you this weekend @ aps.

if i shoot your ammo, i'll buy my own stash and give you some for the "free" rental.

does your savage like .22 thunderbolt? i got tons of them sitting around.

Heavans no - she's a lady and only eats the best match ammo LOL. She loves Eley TPS (11.00 box) but will accept Aguilla Match or Wolf Match. She's zeroed with Aguilla Match and I've still got about 1/2 brick from the lot she was zeroed with so your good.

Timberwolf
05-29-2008, 10:26 PM
A little over a week left until this match and I'm a little over 1/2 full. I want a strong showing for this so that it too can become a monthly event and not just a one time deal - all it takes it participation to have these matches become a reality. If you're on the post and not decided - push away from the computer screen and come out and shoot.

PistolPete75
05-29-2008, 11:29 PM
I got a wedding to attend to that day. Let me see what time and where it's at. I'll get back to you soon.

Fjold
06-02-2008, 7:51 PM
I wanted to bring this post back to the top.

Is there a course of fire set yet, round count, etc?

Timberwolf
06-02-2008, 9:08 PM
I wanted to bring this post back to the top.

Is there a course of fire set yet, round count, etc?

Round count should be under 50 though I'd bring a couple of boxes just to be on the safe side and as to COF . . . well y'all will be shooting a little from here, from over there; in this position and that position; on this, under this, or around this or not even near that; the targets may go ding, the may go splat, the may crumble or they may just get get holes in them; you may risk the entire stage's score on one shot or several . . . yeah that sums it up.

dd03
06-02-2008, 9:43 PM
Damn, I wish I can go but I'm screwed for all weekend of June. Hopefully, next time.

ar15barrels
06-02-2008, 9:43 PM
as to COF . . . well y'all will be shooting a little from here, from over there; in this position and that position; on this, under this, or around this or not even near that; the targets may go ding, the may go splat, the may crumble or they may just get get holes in them; you may risk the entire stage's score on one shot or several . . . yeah that sums it up.

In other words, he does not know until thursday or friday when he tries out the stage designs himself.

Timberwolf
06-02-2008, 9:59 PM
In other words, he does not know until thursday or friday when he tries out the stage designs himself.

Only a couple of last minute zingers

wildcard
06-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Wolfy:

The woman wants to go shooting tomorrow so just had a few questions:

Will we have a chance to zero our .22LR rifles before the match? I haven't touched the thing in forever.

Is using the clay throwers free of charge with the price of admission?

How much do you guys charge per box of clays?

Timberwolf
06-06-2008, 9:10 PM
Wolfy:

The woman wants to go shooting tomorrow so just had a few questions:

Will we have a chance to zero our .22LR rifles before the match? I haven't touched the thing in forever.

Is using the clay throwers free of charge with the price of admission?

How much do you guys charge per box of clays?

1, Yes
2, yes
3, IIRC 12.95 - we require biodegradable

Timberwolf
06-06-2008, 9:29 PM
One question keeps popping up about zeroing - the answer is I'm aware that a 22LR can by unseen forces change zero (in some cases dramatically to us precision shooters) from one range session to another and from one AO to another. That said, and since this is the first match and I want to make sure all have a chance to get their mid range dope, there will be shots allowed for zero at the 25, 50, 75 and 100 yard stages. I assume all have data books for their rifles, and copious notes will be taken for APS to be referenced in the future.

Teletiger7
06-07-2008, 3:05 PM
Thanks for putting this match on. Really enjoyed it. Great to hear that it will become a regular match at APS. Seemed like everyone had fun. The hostage stage was fun but challenging. If i recall correctly 7 shooters ended up hitting a hostage(myself included) in that stage. Already looking forward to the next one.

Novadesigns
06-07-2008, 4:33 PM
That was a great match! Really challenging and diverse. I sure hope it becomes a regular thing. I love shooting .22lr with all its quirks.

BTW, thanks for taking it easy on us for that last stage. I think it would've been tough getting hits kneeling by that time of the day.:D

Thanks Twolf!

Fjold
06-07-2008, 5:02 PM
That was a blast! I didn't even mind the 198 mile roundtrip for that one but losing 150 points for touching the line hurt! :D

Looks like it's time to get some match ammo and a mildot scope with adjustable AO for the 22.

Oh well, it's only money.