PDA

View Full Version : YHM Specter

Dirtbiker
05-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Shark,

I'm looking for the YHM FF Specter kit. It includes the rail, gb, and flip front sight. This will be going on a Stag 2H. Your recommendations.

shark92651
05-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Shark,

I'm looking for the YHM FF Specter kit. It includes the rail, gb, and flip front sight. This will be going on a Stag 2H. Your recommendations.

It's hard to beat the price, it will be about 1/2 of what a comparable kit from Midwest Industries would cost, let alone something like Daniel Defense. The fit and finish on the YHM leaves a little to be desired (they almost always have a small nick or two on them - due to the cheap packaging - just rolled up in paper), plus it is a bit on the heavy side - if going YHM I would recommend one of their "light weight" forearms. Also, be prepared to wait - I have been waiting on some new forearms from them for quite awhile.

If you wanted a similar look and better quality for a little more money (and have it NOW) I could do a Midwest Industries forearm for you, with either a DD or MI gas block, and either a MI or YHM flip sight. The MI forearm gives you a nice "continuous rail" look as well.

If you wanted something that just screams quality, get the Daniel Defense 9.0 lite rail and a DD gas block. All of these will work fine on a 2H