PDA

View Full Version : ADDAX GPU Series Gas Piston Upper Assemblies

Addax
05-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Hello Everyone,

I posted some pics and basic info. in the Rifleman's Forum regarding my new ADDAX GPU (Gas Piston Uppers).

I want to thank the guys at PWS and Daniel Defense for everything they have done to help us in getting started!

The pictures below were taken today. We assembled these uppers this morning and took them out to the range by noon.

These are Pre-Production Builds for Evaluation and Demo purposes.

The top 2 are Carbine Length, the bottom 2 are Rifle Length. We are still working on obtaining a Mid Length barrel to build a Mid Length upper.

My ADDAX GPU's are not as bulky and heavy (except the stainless barreled upper pictured) vs. the POF uppers. Trust me I own a POF and after I handled one of my own uppers, I won't shoot the POF anymore since it is heavier, bulky and the rail sits higher than normal. Plus the PWS Gas Piston System is truly an AK based design. When you see my upper vs. theirs, you will see exactly what I am talking about.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc137/addax/100_0729.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc137/addax/100_0730.jpg

I have partnered up with Primary Weapons Systems as a Master Dealer and Certified Installer for the entire Southern California Region.

The PWS Gas Piston System is not a drop in system, there are some machining and fitting processes when mating this system together with all of the other components to build our ADDAX GPU's.

I am also partnering up with Daniel Defense since we will be utilizing the Daniel Defense Lite Rails and A4 Uppers for our GPU series.

We will be producing two primary models, the ADDAX GPU Standard and Combat models.

The Standard model will basically be an M4 style Carbine upper with a PWS Gas Piston System installed and we will offer some additional accessory options such as flip up sights and different compensator options.

There will be an a higher end version of the rifle in three different models called the Combat Carbine, Combat Mid-Length and Combat Rifle will be available in 3 different configurations:

The Combat Models will feature Daniel Defense manufactured A4 Uppers, DD Lite Rails (FSP, FSPM and and Rifle Length) and I am evaluating barrels from Daniel Defense.

I am targeting the price point for the all models to sell below the major competition (POF & LWRC), but I am still working on pricing for both models which we will release shortly.

We will also work with any firearms dealers who are interested in selling our uppers in their stores.

After our initial build of 10 uppers, the rest of our production units will be name branded with GPU with the model name and our Logo on the Upper.

The ADDAX GPU's will all be test fired to guarantee functionality before each one is sold, and we will be backing up our uppers with a warranty that is also backed up by the PWS and other component Manufacturers Warranties.

We will also be performing retrofits on customers existing AR uppers (more details on this to be released shortly). This is important since I know there are many customers who will want to utilize their existing AR upper.

Stay Tuned, we will have more info. on pricing and availability very soon.

If you want to be added to our ADDAX GPU interest list, please email or pm me.

Thank you,
Chris

tankerman
05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
What's the price range going to be?

Addax
05-11-2008, 12:32 AM
What's the price range going to be?

I am working on finalizing the pricing this week.

I am working on getting below the $1350 POF price, which is going to happen, I just need to get some last quotes from a couple of barrel mfg's this week.

DrunkSkunk
05-11-2008, 12:58 AM
ygpm

Addax
05-11-2008, 1:44 AM
ygpm

Got it, and I will get that info. for you on Monday.

Thanks,
Chris

Addax
05-13-2008, 6:06 PM
Hello Everyone,

We will be producing two primary models, the ADDAX GPU Standard and Combat models.

The Standard model will basically be an M4 style Carbine upper with a PWS Gas Piston System installed and we will offer some additional accessory options such as flip up sights and different compensator options.

The Combat Model comes in 3 different flavors:
Combat Carbine
Combat Mid-Length
Combat Rifle

The Standard Model will basically be a M4gery Upper with the PWS Gas Piston System and a YHM Comp, and Bolt Carrier/Charging Handle

The Combat Models will feature Daniel Defense Rails, Premium Quality barrels from several well known barrel mfg's, PWS Gas Piston System, PWS FSC556 Compensator, and Bolt Carrier / Charging Handle.

Each Gas Piston System that goes into our uppers is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty, plus we will back up any of our uppers that we build with an Addax Warranty (more details to follow).

We will also have a dealer program set up for our gun dealers interested in our upper..

We are approx. 2 weeks away from starting our first production run which will be a mix of Standard and Combat Carbines.

We plan to start building the Combat Mid-Length 16 and Combat Rifle models in approx.. 4 weeks.

Estimated build times on uppers ordered will be approx. 2-3 weeks due to current availability of barrels.

We have barrels expected to arrive in approx. 2 weeks, and we have pretty much everything else ready in stock.

A dedicated website is currently under construction by a fellow Calguns.net member and there will be pics and more info. on this website for our uppers.

In the meantime if you have any questions, or you want to be added to the Addax GPU interest list please contact us at:

sales@adxtactical.com

Thank you,
Chris

Addax
05-13-2008, 6:50 PM
Oh, and Thank You everyone for the inquiries, it was more than I expected.:D

I will have an updated post in the next week listing out the models and pricing.

I am negotiating some prices with a very well known upper receiver mfg. to give you some neat options.

Please Stand By for more details.

Thanks,
Chris

H2H
06-22-2008, 9:32 AM
looking good

Addax
06-23-2008, 9:36 PM
This is one of the new Standard Gas Piston Upper builds we test fired this weekend for a customer.

This is basically one our entry level uppers with an optional DD barrel.
The detachable rear handle and front sights are options.

I mounted this and shot it on one my CMMG Off List Lower, using a CTR Stock and a normal Carbine Buffer.

At $925 as shown this upper includes:
M4 Flat Top Upper Receiver w/M4 cuts
Daniel Defense barrel 16" barrel (Chrome Lined 1/7 Twist)
YHM Comp,
Non Flip Detachable Front Sight,
Stag Arms Rear Detachable Handle
LMT or Whiteoak BCG
Customized M4 Handguards w/heat shield
Shipping.

The more basic/standard model comes with a YHM or DPMS 5.56 chrome lined barrel and the cost is $775 bare bone no sights or options (plus shipping)

Not a Bad Deal!....;)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc137/addax/IMG_0003.jpg